Sunday, August 26, 2012

"Gone Girl" (Small Spoilers), Eric Church & Country Classics

Hello,

I've read to page 308 in Gillian Flynn's "Gone Girl". I'm quite enjoying this book. I don't know if Flynn meant it this way, but to me it's a brilliant look into what a bad marriage looks and feels like. I could have finished the book last night, but I didn't want to. I love letting what I'm reading have time to sink in. It gives me time to come up with additional insights, which usually only makes the book more enjoyable for me. I won't give a final judgment of the book until I finish reading it, but 75% of the way through the book I have to give it a solid A.

Nick Dunne, married Amy, who he thought was this amazing woman. Amy was the inspiration behind her parents book series "Amazing Amy". What Nick didn't know is that Amy had a very dark side and she was unafraid to embrace that dark side. Not that Nick was completely innocent, he certainly had a lot of character flaws. He believed himself to be a good guy, essentially he was. However he made many stupid decisions due to being selfish. As the book continues on, I'm able to put away the thoughts of Nick from Amy's false journal. As Nick speaks more in his voice, he's becoming more likable.

Amy Elliot Dunne, the only child of two psychologists and authors. For some reason she didn't feel comfortable being her own self, so she played a variety of roles. One only saw the true side of Amy when she felt someone had wronged her. Then she would go to crazy lengths to exact revenge against these people who she felt had slighted her. She's very manipulative and vindictive. I half to laugh when Karma came and smacked her around. Something she was very deserving of.

One of my favorite country music singers now is Eric Church. He has released 3 CDs, by far his best CD is the first one, "Sinners Like Me". If you only buy one of his CDs, that's the one to buy. Although his latest CD that has the sublime "Springsteen". One thing I like about Church's music

On this Sabbath Day, here are some of my favorite Church songs:

"Two Pink Lines":



"How 'Bout You":



"What I Almost Was":



"Before She Does" I love this song because of the non-traditional musical touches that you don't find in most country music.



My current theme song "Sinners Like Me":



Now the amazing "Springsteen":



A few of the above songs will become classics, now here are some songs that are now classics. All songs with classic status as certified by themusicaddict :)

Brooks and Dunn's "Neon Moon". I love the part in the song when the singer sings "blue".



Diamond Rio's "Norma Jean Riley":



Clint Black's "Killin' Time":



Sawyer Brown's "The Walk":



Faith Hill's "This Kiss":



Travis Tritt's "Best of Intentions": (Sometimes the best thing a woman can say to her man is "I Believe In You"- no matter how many times he has messed up.)



Kenny Chesney's "The Good Stuff":



A slight twist on Taylor Swift's "Better Than Revenge":



Garth Brooks "The Thunder Rolls":



A certified classic in anyone's mind and one of the Top 100 songs ever. Kenny Rogers "She Believes In Me":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites