Thursday, August 2, 2012

More Great Songs

Hello,

Just a bunch of great songs today. Every time I hear this song it reminds me of my marriage and divorce. The line "How many times can I say I'm sorry" could have been the theme of my marriage. The song title is also very appropriate as well. This is Phil Collins "Something Happened On The Way To Heaven":



Another Phil Collins song that hits a little too close to home to me. I learned how to spell separate when separated from my wife. Before then I had thought it was "seperate". This is Phil Collins and Marilyn Martin's "Separate Lives":



One of my favorite songs from one of my favorite plays. From "Rent", this is "La Vie Boheme". This song has some of the best lines about the mysteries of dating, especially old fart dating. I especially love these lyrics:

I've been trying, I'm not lying
No one's perfect, I've got baggage
Life's too short, babe time is flying
I'm looking for baggage that goes with mine

I should tell you
I've got baggage too
I should tell you
Baggage

Here's the song:



Other great songs that attracted my ear on my iPod, iTunes or the radio.

This is the band New Year's Eve and their song "Let's Get Dead":



One of the most beautiful love songs of all time, Berlin's "Take My Breath Away" (And for the record I still love "Top Gun"):



Another great and beautiful love song. This is Peter Cetera and Amy Grant's "Next Time I Fall":



Another amazing song: Roberta Flack's "Killing Me Softly With His Song":



The amazing Stevie Wonder, "Superstitious":



Listening to the fairly lame The End radio station in Salt Lake City, they did play a song that I absolutely love. Howard Jones "No One Is To Blame":



One of the few covers of a song I like as much as the original song. This is the Ataris singing Don Henley's "Boys of Summer":



I feature this song every once-in-awhile, that's because I absolutely love it. This is Loudon Wainwright's "Motel Blues":



Two more songs that are of the little darker variety. The first is Metallica's "King Nothing":



Finally Depeche Mode's "Strangelove":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites