Thursday, March 14, 2013

80's Heavy Metal #4: The All Slaughter Edition

Hello,

What to do when I want to listen to the relatively obscure 90's heavy medal band Slaughter? Oh yeah and I don't really want to pay any money. Thank goodness for Spotify!

Again I want to thank Spotify for being free and having such a diverse array of music. My interest had been piqued about Slaughter yesterday, but I only had two of their songs in my iTunes. Obviously I don't want to watch video after video on Youtube. Sometimes Youtube has the full CD available, but they don't have the complete "Stick It To Ya". I was very glad I could turn to Spotify and listen to a lot of Slaughter music yesterday. I was surprised that "Stick It To Ya" isn't available on Spotify either. But I did enjoy "Mass Slaughter" and their live CD "Live Eternal". If the songs they play on their live CD can be trusted, Slaughter is a kick butt live band.

I think I saw Slaughter in concert back in the day, but I'm not 100% sure.

I've decided to probably do two more heavy metal blogs. This one and I should be writing another one tomorrow. This blog is solely dedicated to the songs of Slaughter. I hear what you are thinking, why give a blog to such an obscure band? Well the reason is because they kick butt and they have a lot more than two great songs. Most people remember "Up All Night" and "Fly To The Angels" and not much else. Last night I was listening to their greatest hits CD, the hilariously named "Mass Slaughter", and I realized they have at least 10 great songs. Here's a collection of their better songs, based on quality not on popularity.

"Fly To The Angels":



Of the several songs with the title "Up All Night", this is easily the best:



I love "Up All Night" and it's probably my favorite Slaughter song. This is my second favorite Slaughter song, "Eye To Eye":



"Spend My Life":



"Days Gone By":



"Burning Bridges":



"Streets Of Broken Hearts":



"You Are The One":



"Mad About You":



"Rock The World":



This is one of their best songs, but it isn't on their Greatest Hits CD. However it is on their live CD. "Get Used To It":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites