Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!: A Brief Testimony

Hello,

I'm not close to being perfect and I pray that this isn't self-righteous in anyway. I'm hoping you don't read this blog as some lame preaching, or for that matter any preaching at all. This is just a simple testimony of my extraordinary gratitude for the resurrection and atonement of Jesus Christ. Please only take this blog as that. If it offends you in anyway, I apologize. In this world of slipping morality, I'm glad for Easter when I can be reminded of the things that are truly important. One of those things being that Jesus lived on this Earth, suffered and died for us so we wouldn't have to pay for their sins. And I'm so truly grateful as I've certainly had more than my share of sins and stupid mistakes.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Pzmw6DDEodQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused at the grace that so fully he profers me.
I tremble to know that for me he was crucified,
That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.
Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me Enough to die for me!
Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!
I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine,
That he should extend his great love unto such as I,
Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.
Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me Enough to die for me!
Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!
I think of his hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt!
Such mercy, such love, and devotion can I forget?
No, no I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
Until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet.
Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me Enough to die for me!
Oh, it is wonderful,
(Oh, it is wonderful!
Oh, it is wonderful),
wonderful to me! (thanks to kerbymusic.org)
These lyrics are particularly noteworthy me:
I tremble to know that for me he was crucified,
That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.
Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me Enough to die for me!
Here's some other songs that also mean a lot to me and remind me of the great sacrifice that Jesus made for everyone. There truly are no lost causes because of Jesus and his ultimate sacrifice.

"I Heard Him Come":


The absolutely beautiful "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief":



"How Great Thou Art":



I do realize this is a Christmas song, but the lyrics also feel so very appropriate for Easter. Casting Crowns amazing version of "I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites