Thursday, March 7, 2013

Happy Things, Great Songs

Hello,

Someone pointed out to me the other day that I was negative. Although I didn't agree with her 100%, she did have a point. While I was exercising this morning I thought about that and compiled a list of many things that I'm happy about. For this blog I'll list something that's one of the many happy things in my life. I'll then post a song rocking my world now. The song or video may or may not have something to do with the happy thing. Enjoy.

1) Great music. Although Queensryche has fired their lead singer, Geoff Tate, they still leave behind a lot of great music. Just recently I was reminded how great this song is, "Empire". I especially love the blistering guitar solo that starts at the 3:45 mark.



2) I'm so excited that March Madness is right around the corner. I'll be cheering for North Carolina to knock off the Duke White Devils on Saturday is get fired up.

I love me some Foxy Shazam and "Holy Touch" is one of my favorite of their songs:



3) My kids, although they certainly cause their difficulties.

One of the most heartbreaking beautiful songs of all-time. This song so perfectly captures the innocence of childhood.

Peter, Paul and Mary's "Puff The Magic Dragon":



4) The fact that I'm going to go see Kevin Nealon tomorrow night with a beautiful friend.





5) I love that Spring is almost here.

Tesla's "Heaven's Trail (No Way Out)":



6) Another sporting event that I'm getting excited about is Major League Baseball is right around the corner. Three weeks from Monday the regular season starts:

Mark Chesnutt's "I Just Wanted You To Know":



7) I went and had a physical the other day. Although I don't take care of myself as well as I should, he gave me a clean bill of health.

Moby's "Porcelain":



8) I'm looking forward to the new "Star Wars" movie that will be coming in 2015. I'm excited that much of the original cast will be involved in making the films. I especially love that Harrison Ford will be reprising the role of the swashbuckler Han Solo. I'm so glad that we don't have to worry about seeing Hayden Christensen or Jake Lloyd again, although I would love to see Natalie Portman again.

"Star Wars" Main Theme Song:



9) There's not many things better than a great book. For some reason that made me think of Elvis Costello's "What's So Funny About Peace, Love and Understanding":



10) The home "gym" I have. It's not much of a gym, just an exercise bike and some light weights. There's also a small TV that I can watch ESPN as I rock out to my iPod. Many mornings the bike has  kicked my butt and gave me a great start to the day.

Just a tremendous song, INXS' "Never Tear Us Apart":



11) Many times on that small TV in the "gym", the lovely Hannah Storm graces the TV. Seriously she's one of the most gorgeous women in the world, for any age.



12) I own stock in one of the coolest companies in the world, Apple. I'm writing this on my Mac laptop.

Why I'm glad I don't have a Windoze machine:



For you Windoze users: "Count down, count down, count down to the disappointment. I'm yours tonight":



13) Let's go with a baker's dozen. I'm also so very thankful to live in a nice warm house and for my religious beliefs, don't know where I would be without either today. So I'm thankful for a lot more than 13 things. But as for this blog today, the last thing I'm thankful for is that I'm coming up on the three year mark of having the same job. Other than I wish it would pay a bit more, it has nearly everything I'd ever want from a job. Just a rhetorical question, what are some things you are thankful for?

Pat Benatar's "We Live For Love":



Thanks to my brother for introducing me to the quirky band Chromeo. This is "Don't Turn The Lights On":



Sugarcult's "Dead Living":



Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock":



Definitely one of the Top 500 songs of all-time, Dido's "Hunter":



The following song I heard this morning in my home gym. In Neil Young's "Heart of Gold" there's a line that hits way too close to home, "Keep me searchin' for a heart of gold and I'm getting old".



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites