Friday, March 15, 2013

80's Heavy Metal #5: More Classics G'NR, Metallica, Queensryche and Whitesnake

Hello,

Some of these songs came out in the early 90's, but I consider them all as part of the heavy metal era. That era roughly ran from about 1983-1993.

Before I get to more heavy metal classics, I thought I would add this song that tweaks classic 80's videos. They are clearly tweaking Robert Palmer, George Michael, Motley Crue, Whitesnake and is that Heavy D and the Boys they are also mocking?



How about some Motley Crue? "Home Sweet Home":



Bang Tango's "Someone Like You":



The Guns N' Roses section:

"Paradise City":



My favorite G N' R song: "Mr. Brownstone":



The either could be incredibly magical or incredibly sloppy "Knocking On Heaven's Door":



"What's so civil about war anyway?" "Civil War":



Thank you for having "Patience" with me before I got to this video :)



The Queensryche section:

The "Empire" subsection:

"Best I Can":



"Empire":



"Another Rainy Night":



"Jet City Woman":



The "Operation Mindcrime 1" subsection: "I Don't Believe In Love":



"Spreading The Disease": (Explicit: Will Offend Some)



"Suite Sister Mary":



The Metallica Section:

"Enter Sandman":



One of the most kickass songs of all-time, "One":



"Harvester of Sorrow";



"Through The Never":



"Sad But True":



"Unforgiven":



The Whitesnake section:

"Slide It In":



"Still Of The Night":



"Love Ain't No Stranger":



"Fool For Your Loving":



Whitesnake isn't just a metal band. "Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City":



"Is This Love":



This is probably the last of my heavy metal blogs for now. I realize I haven't included several classic bands, but I do only have so much time. I haven't included anything by the Scorpions, Dio and many great songs by lesser known metal bands. The bands I have featured reflect my prejudices. Not all metal bands were great. Having said that I still did my best to have a fairly wide range of metal songs. I hope you enjoyed them, I love hearing many of these songs again.

And although many people consider Black Sabbath the fathers of heavy metal, I've never been a big Sabbath fan.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites