Monday, March 18, 2013

"The Walking Dead", Season 3 Episode "Prey"

Hello,

I love me some "The Walking Dead", but I've got to say last night's episode was sort of ridiculous. This clearly was an episode that was suppose to build tension.

Sorry I don't know if having an episode mainly about Andrea is a good idea. I don't know what it is, but there's something about her that bugs. She realized that the Governor's plan was a sham, I'm not sure why she hasn't figured that out before. The Governor is a pathological liar. Why does she take anything at face value from him? Is that the final straw that she wanted to leave Woodbury.

She talks her way past Tyrese and his sister and leaves Woodbury. (Tyrese, one of my favorite characters from the graphic novel, so far has been completely wasted. If he was anymore anonymous I would guess that he's the next zombie snack. I think I need to read the next of the "Walking Dead" graphic novels. I think I've read the first three so far. )

Andrea takes off to the prison, with only a knife. Good thing that Martinez didn't frisk her. Anyway this trip that has always seen so quick from Woodbury to the prison in this episode became monumentally longer. (I'm not going to even mention how she's running out on the road, but has to get off the road because a truck is coming. After the truck passes, she's able to rest up without looking around. And these zombies that are always making that guttural sound isn't making it as it sneaks up on Andrea. Of course a convenient zombie grabs her through a tree. The zombie doesn't go around the tree. #rollingeyes Through her knife and her wits Andrea is able to escape. You'd think someone living in the zombie apocalypse would be much more careful.)  I realize she was on foot, but come on. The crazy Governor goes out after her. And of course he sees her while she's laying out in the field. However that's not the most unbelievable thing that happens in this scene. He heads towards her to get her and she somehow outruns his truck to escape into the forest. Is Andrea really the bionic woman? :)

Andrea makes her way to an abandoned building, the same building that the Governor happens to show up at. I realize there are probably not that many buildings in that part of the area, but come on. We see nothing to indicate that he should know that she's there, but he seems to sense that she is. Then of course the convenient zombies show up there too. One nice touch in this episode was that Andrea realized there was a stairwell of zombies and she releases them on the Governor. Sadly he's able to escape. I haven't read in the graphic novels about the Governor, but he must be much more compelling there. However in the show, he bores me to death. I can't wait for him to die. If he's still around for Season 4, I don't know how much of the show I'd want to watch.

Andrea leaves the building with the Governor's fate unknown. This journey to the prison is so long, it nearly took the whole episode! She's finally able to see the prison and sees Rick on a guard tower. She's raising her hand, out of nowhere the Governor tackles her. Rick thinks he sees something, but then thinks it must have been just his imagination. (Speaking of which, are we going to be seeing more of Lori in the final two episodes of this season? Another plot point that needs to die asap.)

The Governor gets her back to Woodbury and his new torture chamber, no one knows he has Andrea. She had at least two chances to kill him, she's probably regretting that she didn't. And so are many fans like myself. He very cleverly snuck her in. The final shot is of her in the torture chamber with a very worried look on her face.

I hope all this sets up for a finale that was as good as Season Two's finale.

themusicaddict.

No comments:

Favorites