Thursday, March 28, 2013

themusicaddict's Great Pre-1973 Songs

Hello,

I grew up in the 80's and thus think that's the best music ever made. However there was a lot of great music made before that. Here's a selection of some of my favorite older songs. Originally I was going to go with songs older than me, but I decided against that. For this blog I'm defining an older song as anything older than 40 years. Enjoy.

Gene Pitney's "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance":



One of my all-time favorite songs ever. Bobby Darin's "Mack The Knife":



The amazing Frank Sinatra's "Luck Be A Lady":



The amazing Frank Sinatra again with a couple more classics. First up "My Way" and then "New York, New York".

This is a spine tingling performance. Ah you got to love the 70's and their fashion choices:



Another one of the greatest songs ever:



Sinatra wasn't a rock singer, but he was a rock star. "Luck Be A Lady":



Louis Prima's "Jump, Jive and Wail":



Brian Setzer's take on the classic:



The amazing BB King "The Thrill Is Gone":



The "Rawhide" Theme:



"The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" theme:



Theme from "Mission Impossible":



From 1935 this is "Carmina Burana":



The Penguins "Earth Angel":



One of the most heartbreakingly beautiful songs of all-time. This song is so old, that it's even older than me! The Platters classic 55 year old song "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes":



This song is a young 38, but it's so great I decided to add it. Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites