Saturday, March 9, 2013

Happy Days, Happy Music and Steve Soelberg

Hello,

Don't worry this will never become a personal blog, I couldn't think of anything more boring than my life. However in passing I'll mention something once-in-a-while. Last night I went out with a very lovely lady. We went and ate at Olive Garden and then went to the local comedy club, WiseGuys. We saw three comedians, headlined by SNL alum Kevin Nealon. His set lasted about a hour and he broke out Subliminal Guy and other funny things. He comes off as a very amiable guy. He stayed afterwards and took pictures and signed autographs for those who wanted it.

While Nealon was funny, the best comedian of the night was the one that opened the show. That was the hilarious Steve Soelberg. His set was absolutely hilarious. He made jokes about working in the ER, his freakishly close resemblance to Kevin Bacon, being a long distance runner and his adventures on Facebook. Now you know a person is funny if he can spin comedy gold out of being a long distance runner. Tonight Soelberg will be the headliner at the West Valley City Wiseguys. I highly recommend you go check out his set tonight, it will be well worth your time. It's also relatively inexpensive, you definitely get your money worth.

Because of a great night I woke up this morning and knew a great workout would only add to my good mood. I was listening to my iPod at a ridiculously loud level. After a great night and a great workout I was in an amazing mood. I listen to my iPod on shuffle and I noticed it played songs that matched my happy mood. Although I noticed an interesting phenomenon. A song like Nickelback's "How You Remind Me" matches my mood when I'm both happy or sad. (Note: I think Nickelback is one of the worst bands out there now and they are terrible in concert. Chad Kroeger is the Dwight Howard of rock music, nowhere near as cool as he thinks he is. However they do have a couple of great songs.)

Here are a few of the songs that added to my happiness and effectiveness of my workout this morning.

Let's start off with that Nickelback song:



I never considered The Who's "Eminence Front" a classic rock song, until it was cranked up last night at Wiseguys. But this song kicks butt:



Apparently Wiseguys only has the budget to pay for the rights to only a few songs. So they played "Eminence Front" and Mumford & Sons "I Will Wait" a couple of times. Fortunately both are great songs.



England Dan and John Ford Coley's "I'd Really Love To See You Tonight":



I especially love the following lines:

I'm not talking 'bout moving in, 
And I don't want to change your life.
But there's a warm wind blowing the stars around, 
And I'd really love to see you tonight.

More lyrics: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/d/dan_seals/

Jimmy Buffet's "Fins":



Can't you feel 'em circlin', honeyCan't you feel 'em swimmin' aroundYou got fins to the left, fins to the right And you're the only bait in town

Read more: JIMMY BUFFETT - FINS LYRICS 


Snap's "I've Got The Power":



Lonestar's "With Me":



Carrie Underwood's "Good Girl":



Rooney's "Sorry Sorry":



Styx's "Heavy Metal Poisoning": "Sex and drugs and Rock and Roll"



Twisted Sister's "I Wanna Rock":



Jackyl's "I Stand Alone":



Lady Gaga's "Show Me Your Teeth":



Adele's "Rolling In The Deep":



Tracy Chapman's "Fast Car":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites