Monday, January 16, 2017

themusicaddict's Top 106 Greatest 80's Bands # 45 David Bowie: His Top 37 80's Era Songs Part 1 #37- #25 (Finished January 17th, 2017)

Hello,

Originally I titled this as a Bruce Springsteen blog, obviously these songs are the work of the great David Bowie.

I realized recently that it was about about a year ago that I was writing a series of blogs about the music of David Bowie. That was on the news of his too early death,  with just how sick he was kept as a secret.  Thankfully this is a happier blog about the music of David Bowie, aka Ziggy Stardust and The Thin White Duke. He ranks as my # 45 Greatest 80's musician.

I realize that I still need to finish the series of blogs for Heart which will finalize with their Top 12 songs. I also need to post the Top 24 Bruce Springsteen songs, with and without the E Street Band. I also realized I somehow had forgotten Queen on this countdown. I think the reason why I forgot them is that I mostly considered them a 70's band although they did release 5 CDs in the 80s. If I had remembered them they likely would have been in the mid 40s on this countdown. I'll be making an addendum for Freddie and the boys in the next little while. Finally I have 3 countdown blogs to write for David Bowie.

At the end of the 80's and early 90's Bowie bagged his solo career and joined with 3 other gentlemen and created Tin Machine. Besides Bowie Tin Machine featured brothers Hunt and Tony Sales and Reeves Gabrels. For this series of blogs I could either include that band or pretend like they didn't happen. But I thought to myself he probably had some colloboration on creating these songs, but his vision drove most of the songs. Using that criteria, I decided to include the two Tin Machine studio albums in this countdown. I was surprised how much I like Tin Machine 2- the one with that cover. That CD has 8 songs on this countdown and Tin Machine include 13 songs overall on this blog. However Tin Machine's highest rated song is at #8.

Including Tin Machine I have 99 David Bowie songs on my iTunes.

37) "Tumble and Twirl":


36) "When The Wind Blows":


35) "Ashes To Ashes":


34) "Criminal World":


33) "Heroes":


This is a Tin Machine song. 32) "Video Crime":


31) "Real Cool World":


Tin Machine 30) "Shopping For Girls":


Tin Machine 29) "One Shot":


28) "Neighborhood Threat":


27) "Shake It":


Like I said, THAT Cover. This is the cover from "Tin Machine 2". Tin Machine 26) "You Can't Talk":


25) "Fashion":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites