Wednesday, January 25, 2017

themusicaddict's Top 106 Greatest 80's Bands Misses Addendum: ZZ Top (Finished January 26th, 2017)

Hello,

I was reading about the latest ZZ Top live CD the other day- which isn't very good- and I thought to myself I wonder where ZZ Top is on my Top 106 Greatest 80's bands. I looked through my list quickly and then I looked through my list more slowly. I still couldn't find them on my list and realized I somehow forgot them. Unlike Queen, who I briefly considered, I just completely forgot ZZ Top. I have no excuses, only shame.

ZZ Top was one of the bands that took most advantage of MTV featuring videos of cars and beautiful women.

Current members are bassist and lead vocalist Dusty Hillguitarist and lead vocalist Billy Gibbons (the band's leader, main lyricist and musical arranger), and drummer Frank Beard. (Thanks to Wikipedia).

Here are some of ZZ Top's best 80's era songs as determined by your ever so faithful musicaddict:

"Sharp Dressed Man":


"Gimme All Your Lovin'":


"Legs":


"Rough Boy":


"Cheap Sunglasses":


"Tube Snake Boogie":


"Got Me Under Pressure":


"Viva Las Vegas":


"Sleeping Bag":



"Doubleback":



"I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide":



"Velcro Fly":


and a song from 1994's "Antenna" , the very good "Pincushion":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites