Friday, September 8, 2017

(Finished September 9th, 2017) Led Zeppelin Live 1973: At The Height of Their Powers

Hello,

My favorite all-time favorite band is Led Zeppelin and I'm so disappointed that I'll never be able to see them live. But thanks to YouTube I can still relive some of their greatest performances. In May, 1973 Led Zeppelin was the hottest band in the world. They released their 5th CD, "Houses of The Holy" on March 28th, 1973. Led Zeppelin came to my town, Salt Lake City, a couple of months later. On May 26th, 1973 Led Zeppelin was at the height of their powers.

I was just short of my 6th birthday, so obviously I didn't go. So as close as I can I'm going to try and recreate that setlist from that night. If there are any performances from Salt Lake that night I will include those. If not I'll find a equivalent performance from another city from the same year. Where I don't mention a city, that performance is from Salt Lake. All other performances I'll mention the city where that song was recorded at.

The greatest band of all time:

Robert Plant, vocals and the golden god of the band
Jimmy Page, guitars and a few other instruments and the musical heart of the band
John Bonham, drummer extraordinaire and the backbone of the band
John Paul Jones, keyboards and the soul of the band

Here's a complete live performance on January 22nd, 1973 from Southampton University:


The sound isn't very good on this song. "Rock and Roll":


The sound is so much better on this 1973 New York City performance of "Rock and Roll":


Live from Texas: "Celebration Day":


This is from Seattle "Bring It On Home (Intro)/ Black Dog":


"Over The Hills and Far Away":


"Georgia On My Mind" (partial):


At Madison Square Garden: "Misty Mountain Hop":


"Since I've Been Loving You":


"No Quarter":


 Madison Square Garden and looks to be from the film of the same name. "The Song Remains The Same": /"The Rain Song":



All of these are from Seattle: "Dazed and Confused" (Part 1):


"Dazed and Confused" (Part 2):


"Dazed and Confused" (Part 3):


There's four parts, but I think you get the idea.

For those of you that want a full video, here's "Dazed and Confused" from "The Song Remains The Same":



From Vancouver "Stairway To Heaven":



From England "Heartbreaker":



"Whole Lotta Love":



Live in Kezar (no idea what that is or where it is) "Communication Breakdown":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites