Wednesday, September 27, 2017

(Finished September 28th, 2017) 1977: The Best Songs of All Genres D-F

Hello,

The third in a continuing series of the greatest songs of 1977, an amazing year of music. Lovers of music are all celebrating it's 40th anniversary right now. This is about the best music of 1977. I scoured several genres of songs from 1977, scouring lists and websites of pop, rock, soul, funk, country and even novelty songs. For the most part I took the word of the websites that said these songs were from 1977. If I'm incorrect, please forgive me.

For the second day in a row I'm using a video created by daveinprogress3. Thanks Dave and you have great taste in music. Thelma Houston "Don't Leave Me This Way (The Long Version)":


What a great band, what a great song and what a great singer. I love Stevie Nicks and her amazing voice. Fleetwood Mac "Dreams":


Fleetwood Mac "Don't Stop":


Just a great, great song. Steely Dan "Deacon Blues":


Back when she might have been known more for her long hair than her singing. Crystal Gayle "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue":


Back when Bon Scott was AC/DC's singer, which was before Brian Johnson, which was before Axl Rose. AC/DC "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap":


I wasn't a big fan of "The Get Down", but I'll be ever grateful for discovering this song.
C.J. & Co. "Devil's Gun":


Some of the videos I share have only a few hundred views, however this song has 201 million views. Abba's "Dancing Queen":


As I always say I'm a sucker for a great pop song. Shaun Cassidy "Da Doo Ron Ron":



The above song is an enjoyable trifle, but there aren't too many things as good as mid 70's Commodores slow songs. The Commodores "Easy":



Steve Miller Band "Fly Like An Eagle":



Foreigner "Feels Like The First Time":



Not the greatest sound unfortunately. Boston "Foreplay/Longtime":



The Floaters "Float On":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites