Tuesday, September 26, 2017

(Finished September 26th, 2017) themusicaddict's Top 106 Greatest 80's Bands #32 The Knack: Their Best 80's Era Songs Part 4 # 10 to #1

Hello,

Eight of these Top Ten Knack songs are from their fantastic debut CD, "Get The Knack". That's not a reflection of the Knack's catalog overall, that's a reflection of how amazing their debut CD is. Check it out if you've never listened to "Get The Knack".

10) "Maybe Tonight":


9) "Lucinda":


8) "Heartbeat":



7) "Rocket of Love":


6) "Oh Tara":


5) "Let Me Out":


The person that posted this video also posted this: "Such a shame that most folks think of The Knack at best as a two hit wonder and at worst a one hit wonder! The power pop group stormed the charts in 1979 with Get the Knack' and the monster hit 'My Sharona', earning platinum sellers and Grammy nods. The follow up single 'Good Girls Don't' was a moderate hit but the follow up LP, "... But The Little Girls Understand", the next year generated only one very minor hit, "Baby Talks Dirty" and the subsequent recordings fared no better. "I Want Love", is a great selection from the band's 1991 set 'Serious Fun'. I don't own any of the images or sound in this clip but do possess a great love of feel good pop music like this. Enjoy! (Written by daveinprogress3).

I completely agree with the above commenter, I edited the above paragraph a bit to make it more grammatical and fill in a couple of blanks.  4) "I Want Love":


3) "Good Girls Don't":


2) "Your Number Or Your Name":


I hate posting a band's most obvious song as their #1 song. I try to resist that urge as much as possible, including in this case. That was just not feasible here, The Knack will always be known for "My Sharona" than for any thing else. That's a shame, but it is what it is. 1) "My Sharona":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites