Friday, May 15, 2020

(Finished May 16th, 2020) The Ten Best Musicians of the 80s, Part 2: Lionel Richie

Hello,

I was chilling on YouTube today when I stumbled across a Prince concert, which always makes me think of how great of a musician, singer, performer, songwriter etc he was. (Let's be honest, he wasn't a very good actor.) I wanted to write a blog about the Top Ten musicians of the 80s. But I wanted to rely on someone else's Top Ten, so I Googled my way around the internet. One list had The Beastie Boys as #1, another list had Kenny Rogers as #1- um, no and no. Don't get me wrong I love both of those artists, but neither are even close to #1. I came across a udiscovermusic.com blog about The Top Ten Superstars of the 80s. I may have a few quibbles with their Top Ten, but overall it's a pretty good list.

Other musicians that should be considered for any Top Ten 80s musicians include RUN-D.M.C., Def Leppard, U2, George Michael, R.E.M., Duran Duran (or as the kids called them back in the day Duran squared), Journey, Tina Turner, Van Halen, Ozzy, The Boss and so many others.

Here in no particular order is udiscovermusic.com's Top 10 80s artists. You could probably guess who are the ones I like the most.

1) "My Love":


2) "Truly":


3) "You Are":


4) "All Night Long (All Night)":


5) "Penny Lover":


6) "Stuck On You":


7) "Running With The Night":


8) "Hello":


9) "Dancing On The Ceiling":


10) "Ballerina Girl":



featuring Alabama 11) "Deep River Woman":



12) "Say You, Say Me":



I just couldn't post that cringey live version he sings with Diana Ross, they have almost no chemistry.  I watched the movie for the trailer and the movie looks incredibly stupid. However Brooke Shields was so incredibly beautiful and this song is amazing. 13) "Endless Love":



14) "We Are The World":



While with the Commodores 15) "Oh No":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites