Thursday, May 21, 2020

(Finished May 24th, 2020) themusicaddict's Memorial Day Weekend Countdown, Part 1: Songs 104 to 83

Hello,

This is my annual countdown of the most played songs on my iTunes. This year I'm locking the listens where they are on May 20th, 2020. In the past I've updated these blogs as a song played, I would update these blogs, but I'm not doing that this year. Two of these songs played on May 20th, 2020. The longest ago played song is Adele's "Rumour Has It", it was last played on July 1, 2016.

This set of songs has 44 listens:

Surprisingly the only song on my Top 104 by Miss Houston, this is a weird song for that honor. But this is yet another great song by her. 104) Whitney Houston "So Emotional":


103) Taylor Swift "Picture To Burn":


Do you remember these guys or this song? Their fourth CD, "The Beautiful Letdown" is an amazing CD. Check it out, if you already haven't. 102) Switchfoot "Meant To Live":


I'm not sure why this band got such a bad reputation, I thought they kicked ass back in the day. They have so many great songs. 101) Stone Temple Pilots "Wicked Garden":


100) Skillet "The Resistance":


99) Siouxsie and the Banshees "Tearing Apart":


98) Paul Carrack "Don't Shed A Tear":

I love the lyrics to this song, here's a selection:

A locked door on a candy store
Is what you are
(Is what you are)
A slim chance in tight pants
Is what you are
All that I loved you for
I want it more


Hayley Williams solo debut CD, sadly, is sort of a mess. But this is one of Paramore's many great songs. 97) Paramore "Ignorance":



96) Matchbox Twenty "Suffer Me":



One of three songs in this blog series by the greatest rock and roll band ever!!
95) Led Zeppelin "Immigrant Song":



94) Hollywood Undead "The Usual Suspects":



93) Heart "Never":



92) Gratitude "Sadie":



91) Flyleaf "Fully Alive":



90) A Flock of Seagulls "I Ran (So Far Away)":



89) Depeche Mode "Strangelove":



88) David Bowie "Blue Jean":



87) Daughtry "Every Time You Turn Around":



86) Daughtry "Over You":



This is the most obscure song in my Top 104 songs, but that doesn't take anything away from how great of a song it is. 85) Cherri Bomb "Already Dead":



84) The Band Perry "Done.":



83) Adele "Rumour Has It":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites