Monday, May 25, 2020

(Finished May 25th, 2020) The Ten Best Musicians of the 80s, Part 5: Whitney Houston

Happy Memorial Day,

I'll get to Part 4 soon for Elton John.

I was chilling on YouTube today when I stumbled across a Prince concert, which always makes me think of how great of a musician, singer, performer, songwriter etc he was. (Let's be honest, he wasn't a very good actor.) I wanted to write a blog about the Top Ten musicians of the 80s. But I wanted to rely on someone else's Top Ten, so I Googled my way around the internet. One list had The Beastie Boys as #1, another list had Kenny Rogers as #1- um, no and no. Don't get me wrong I love both of those artists, but neither are even close to #1. I came across a udiscovermusic.com blog about The Top Ten Superstars of the 80s. I may have a few quibbles with their Top Ten, but overall it's a pretty good list.

Other musicians that should be considered for any Top Ten 80s musicians include RUN-D.M.C., Def Leppard, U2, George Michael, R.E.M., Duran Duran (or as the kids called them back in the day Duran squared), Journey, Tina Turner, Van Halen, Ozzy, The Boss and so many others.

Here, in no particular order, is udiscovermusic.com's Top 10 80s artists. It should be obvious which musicians are the ones I like the most. Yes, Miss Houston is one of those musicians. She had a mix of grace, beauty and that amazing voice that no one will ever top. She also picked great songs or had people help pick great songs for her. Great talent with great songs made her one of the Top Ten 80s musicians.

1) "You Give Good Love":


2) "Someone For Me":


3) "Saving All My Love For You":


4) "How Will I Know":


5) "All At Once":


6) "Greatest Love of All":


With Teddy Pendergrass 7) "Hold Me":


8) "I Wanna Dance With Somebody":


9) "Just The Lonely Talking Again":



10) "Didn't We Almost Have It All":


11) "So Emotional":


12) "Where You Are":


13) "Love Is A Contact Sport":


14) "Where Do Broken Hearts Go":


15) "I Know Him So Well":


Whitney was a pretty average live performer, but this performance captures one of her best live performances. 16) "One Moment In Time":


featuring Jermaine Jackson 17) "Nobody Loves Me Like You Do":



18) "Do You Hear What I Hear":



19) "Love Will Save The Day":



20) "You're Still My Man":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites