Monday, May 18, 2020

(Finished August 2nd, 2020) Selected Ranked Songs Every Year I've Been Alive Part Nine: 1986

Hello,

These are the greatest songs of 1986 for all genres. I spent a few hours finding these songs. 1986 was a pretty big year for me, it was the year that I went to Ricks College in Rexburg, Idaho for the second semester. I might still be on academic probation at what now is Brigham Young-Idaho. Honestly due to the cold, wind, poorly located and isolated location I was not a big fan of my 6 months in Rexburg. That's okay as I eventually graduated from the University of Utah in 1997. My first brush of college honestly was a struggle for me. I somehow survived and it eventually turned out to be a great learning experience for me. It was a time for firsts for me.

Then after working at a summer job I went on a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ (aka The Mormons) and served in Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas. I returned in 1988 and........

Here are the greatest songs of 1986. If a song was released as a single I went with that year as the release date. Some of these songs were released on a CD in 1985, but not released as a single until 1986. I counted those as a song from 1986. Those songs with a number are where that song ended on Billboard's Year End Chart of 1986.

1986:
100) Stevie Wonder "Go Home":



99) Toto "I'll Be Over You":



96) The Thompson Twins "King For A Day":



One of the great ballads of the 80s. 95) Force MD's "Tender Love":



94) Daryl Hill "Dreamtime":



A song that's perfectly fine, but it's also a generic 80s dance song. It's a middle of the pack song and I don't even remember this song. 93) Starpoint "Object of My Desire":



92) Paul McCartney "Spies Like Us":



91) The Moody Blues "Your Wildest Dreams":



85) Regina "Baby Love":



One of the most underrated songs of the 80s. 82) Rod Stewart "Love Touch":



81) The Cars "Tonight She Comes":



79) Miami Sound Machine "Bad Boy":



It's songs like this by the Queen of the 80s that makes me wish I could go back to the 80s. What a great decade for music and so many other things. Girls in Guess Jeans for instance.
76) Madonna "True Blue":



One of the great underrated 80s songs, I love this song!! 75) Michael McDonald "Sweet Freedom":



Okay the original music video is incredibly hokey, but the song is fire!!
70) Mike and the Mechanics "Silent Running":



This song has an amazing beginning and the rest of the song is pretty great as well!!
69) Van Halen "Why Can't This Be Love":



68) Cameo "Word Up!"



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites