Monday, February 13, 2023

(Finished February 16th, 2023) The Best Rock Songs of 2000, Part 2: Songs 18-34

Hello,

Prince sang about 1999 as the end of the world, "we're going to party like 1999". He could've been singing about the rock scene that year and what a colossal wasteland it was. 1999 was not rock's finest year. Even at the height of the Disco craze in 1979, rock had a better year. To put it mildly 1999 sucked for rock music. Prince's "1999" rocked more than many of the rock songs of 1999.

In 1999 if it wasn't for Creed (I know a lot of people didn't like them, but they were one of the rockingest bands of that year), Tom Petty, Stone Temple Pilots (not their best CD, but still), Live, Incubus, Blink-182 and Rage Against The Machine it might have been the wussiest rock music year ever. Now that I think about it, it still might be. How did I survive that year in rock? Obviously by listening to all the great music from previous years.

I've been arguing with myself about a song is a hit in two different years but it was part of the same release which year should I count that for. Well I decided I'm just going to count it for both. 

I've never been so disappointed with a rock year before. I hope 2009 is better when I get to that year in these blogs. I don't think anyone can argue that 1999 was a terrible rock year, how was 2000 as a rock year? Well let's find out. Doubtful that it could be worse.

18) No Doubt "Bathwater":


19) The Wallflowers "Murder 101":


20) Melissa Etheridge "Enough Of Me":


21) Lifehouse "Hanging By A Moment":


22) SR-71 "Right Now":


23) Mark Knopfler "Do America":


24) Matchbox Twenty "Rest Stop":


25) Neil Young "Buffalo Springfield Again":


26) No Doubt "Comforting Lie":


27) Disturbed "Stupify":


28) Green Day "Minority":


29) The Dandy Warhols "Bohemian Like You":


30) Linkin Park "Papercut":


31) A Perfect Circle "Judith":


32) Poe "Not A Virgin":


33) Rage Against The Machine "Renegades of Funk":


34) Ryan Adams "Damn Sam (I Love A Woman That Rains)":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites