Saturday, October 3, 2009

Updated playlist, Fireflight, College football

Hello,

First of all I changed my blog playlist today. I took off some older Pearl Jam songs and added a couple of new Pearl Jam songs from "Backspacer". I also added some songs by Fireflight, a really good band I discovered on Pandora. I added some good songs by Cascada, the dance music queen. Her "Dangerous" and "Evacuate The Dancefloor" are instant dance classics. "Evacuate The Dancefloor" is the best dance song I've heard in several years. (She reminds me a lot of Samantha Fox. It's time to start the Samantha Fox comeback.) If you want to add music to your blog or your social media site, go to playlist.com for more info. All you have to do is to set up an account and add up to 200 songs for free.

I added Van Halen's "And The Cradle Will Rock". I know I'm the master of the obvious here, but isn't "And The Cradle Will Rock" a great song? My drive music yesterday was Van Halen's "Best of Both Worlds" greatest hits CD. Enjoy "Sadie" by Gratitude, it's a great song. I also kept Rihanna and Led Zeppelin on my playlist as they are two of my favorite musicians/bands.

Adam Lambert and Susan Boyle both have their debut CD's arriving on November 24th. (I know Adam Lambert already released a CD, but that was a bastardized CD, I don't think anyone considers it his first CD.) Which one are you most excited for? Or are you like me and really don't care about either? Susan Boyle was a great story at first but I'm sort of over her. Lambert I was never a big fan. I can't put my finger on it, but there's something really off putting about him. (My wife suggest its the make-up he wears.) I hope this season is much better than last season. When your top three are the boring Kris Allen, the over hyped Adam Lambert and the dork Danny Gokey how good of a season how good can that be? Allison Iraheta I look forward to your debut. This is my real question about Lambert vs. Boyle, who will wear more makeup.

There are some great college football games today, check them out for me because I have to go to work. Some of the intriguing games are: #4 LSU goes into #18 Georgia, I'd like to see Georgia trip them up. #8 Oklahoma goes to play #17 Miami in a crucial game for both. After being injured against BYU, OU quarterback Sam Bradford is still not ready to come back. Instead freshman quarterback Landry Jones will lead the Sooners against a pretty good Hurricanes team. Lastly #7 USC goes to Cal to battle the #24 Golden Bears. Go Trojans. TCU and BSU should have easy wins today. TCU will probably be a Top 10 Ten team when they go into Provo on October 24th to play the Cougars. My alma mater Utah has a bye today.

BYU had a less than impressive victory over Utah State last night. I wasn't able to watch the game, but I'm fearful for BYU's future. I think their season is going to mirror last season. They get out to a good start and then get smacked in the mouth by TCU and the Utes. Although this year's Utes aren't as good as last year's Utah team that finished #2 in the nation. (I love typing that.)

I'm currently listening to Fireflight's "Unbreakable" CD and will issue a short review soon.

Enjoy your weekend, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites