Tuesday, September 14, 2010

AMC rules!

Hello,

Last night I had a one man AMC marathon. First of all I watched the new episode of "Mad Men". Don Draper is slowly rounding into the man he needs to be. A pathetic, drunken Don Draper is just not a compelling character. I hope he continues his comeback for the rest of the season. I like that his character has cut down his drinking, actually said no to a beautiful woman about sex and spent time with his young son Gene. Although to make it fair if we see Don Draper in a swimsuit, there should be an equal opportunity for us to see Betty Francis in a swimsuit. Seriously is January Jones not one of the most gorgeous woman of all-time? To balance the karma, here's a picture of January Jones in a swimsuit:





I'm all about making sure karma is in alignment in the world and now it is.

Thanks to Comcast On Demand I watched the three most recent episodes of "Rubicon". It took me a little while to get into the characters. It took awhile to get used to the main character Will, he has a certain amount of aloofness to him. Also what I'm wondering what games is his boss, Kale Ingram, playing? The only side he's on obviously is his own. He's lost the naivete and idealism that Will still has in spades.

I also love Will's three analyst cohorts. We have the quirky Tanya, the flighty and brilliant Miles and the ramrod straight Grant. But my favorite character is Maggie, I hope she's not off the show after being fired in Sunday night's episode. The actress who plays her, Jessica Collins, has a very intriguing look. She's also very attractive.

Other than sports, I rarely watch 4 hours of TV in one day. There are just too many good books to read, loving "Prince of Thieves" by Chuck Hogan right now. This novel is now in theatres, but the movie is titled "The Town". "The Town" refers to Charleston. The movie stars coincidentally Jon Hamm and is directed by Ben Affleck.



Where was I? Oh yeah and AMC has a new television series starting on Halloween. It's the very cool looking and spooky "The Walking Dead". I've previously put the trailer for that series on my blog. It's a Zombie series. AMC seems to put story about everything. Not a lot happens in "Mad Men", but the writing is so crisp. I constantly am thinking about Don Draper and Betty Francis. They're marriage breaking up and them out in the dating world again reminds me a lot about about my ex's and my situation. Crazy.

If AMC keeps this up, they might have a Pixar like run of high quality entertainment.

Miscellaneous: Are they really going to pay $12 million to JLo to be one of the judges for Season 10 of "American Idol"? I've got to get into entertainment where there's a lot of pay for not much. I'm still hoping Joe Perry goes crazy and beats some sense into Steven Tyler and he decides against being an "AI" judge.

Also in spite of themusicaddict's urging, Wade Phillips still is the Dallas Cowboys coach. I guess my two or three readers just can't put that much pressure on Jones. Seriously though when Tony Romo flipped the ball out to Tashard Choice with mere seconds left in the first half, what the hell does that tell you? Don't get me wrong Phillips is a genius when it comes to running a defense. I suggest demote him to defensive coordinator and get a real head coach. Don't cut his pay. Seriously if the offense doesn't start scoring some points Jason Garrett needs to be fired as well. I'm so irritated that Dallas has this small window in which they can possibly win the Super Bowl and they are screwing around with so many weak links.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites