Monday, September 6, 2010

Go Boise St.

Happy Labor Day,

I'm finishing off a 4 day weekend, I love 4 day weekends. I was able to read, have a party, watch a lot of football and go to church. The only bad thing about the weekend is that I was unable to see my kids due to a schedule mix up. I will spare you a rant of how unfair the whole divorce system is for the man.

Anyway I watched the first half of the USA-Angola game from the World Basketball Championships from Turkey. What's that you didn't know the WBC was going on. That doesn't surprise me by how little of press it has received with the baseball pennant races heating up and the start of college football. The United States won by a lot as you would expect, 121-66. In fairness to Angola their leading scorer was injured and couldn't play. The USA next plays Thursday. They play the winner of Russia-New Zealand which plays this afternoon.

I saw a miracle this morning an ESPN, an ESPN analyst actually picked a team from the West to win a game. Jesse Palmer picked # 3 Boise St. to beat # 10 Virgina Tech tonight. (For the record ESPN analysts are 0-3 when picking against MWC/WAC teams this weekend.) This could be a very good game but I do see Boise St. winning. I will be watching it and cheering on the Broncos.

I've been reading an interesting book, Tana French's "The Likeness". It's been a good book, but not a great book. Although I'm in the meat of the story, I haven't been able to completely get into the novel. I have almost read the first 200 pages and may or may not finish reading it. I have a whole bunch of books that I can pick up from the library tomorrow. So we'll see.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites