Tuesday, September 28, 2010

"The Lost Symbol", "The Event", "Hawaii Five-0", "No Ordinary Family"

Hello,

May 20th, 2011: I have had a few hundred people read this particular blog entry and I'm not sure why. I usually only have about 60 or 70 people visit my blog daily, so I'm wondering why this one blog entry has drawn so much attention. If someone, or several someones, would leave a comment telling my why you came to read this particular blog entry. Thanks

The following is the original blog.

The following is about Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol". It's his follow up book to "The Davinci Code", which is a book I absolutely loved. Reading "Lost Symbol" is like eating a bunch of your favorite snack. It's fun and very enjoyable, but once you stop eating you realize you just had a bunch of empty calories. "The Lost Symbol" is the literary equivalent of that. When I'm reading this book, it's hard to put down. Although this book does pass the "one more chapter" test. For me, the usual sign of a good book is when I want to read just "one more chapter". However again it's not very filling when I've set the book down.

I may or may not finish this book. It's indeed a fast read, I started reading it Saturday and I'm already to page 116.

It's time for Dan Brown to ditch the Robert Langdon character. His character isn't the most believable and the stories that he's involved with aren't very believable either. He needs to take what has made him successful and turn it on it's head. Simply he needs to start over.

I caught the last 25 minutes of "No Ordinary Family" tonight. It looks like a pretty good show. Yes I do realize how ridiculous the story line is. I just have one question, where has Julie Benz been all my TV watching life?



Last night was the second episodes of "The Event" and "Hawaii Five-0". "The Event" was a little bit better. It reminds me a lot of "Flash Forward". However I liked "FF" much better. There's just something missing from "The Event" and I quite can't put my finger on it. I will give it another couple of episodes.

Disappointingly "Hawaii Five-0" wasn't as good as the first show. Last night's episode was a bit boring, it seems like this might be the type of show that could wear out it's welcome quickly. Grace Park is extremely easy on the eyes, but the stories have got to get better. If most episodes are like episode 2, I'll probably stop watching this show soon. I had such high hopes for it too after a pretty good first episode.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites