Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The idiocy going on in Dallas, Notre Dame is 1-2 :)

Hello,

Out of the NFL teams starting 0-2 since 1990, only 13% have reached the playoffs. I think Dallas can still reach the playoffs but they have to play considerably better. They will have to play above their coaching. The players held a players only meeting yesterday. Is that going to help their rushing game, help Roy "Time for Dallas to cut their losses" Williams or help Tony Romo make a clutch play. I doubt it and player's only meeting are usually not very effective.

Speaking of Tony Romo. I think we should add "having a Tony Romo" to the vernacular. My definition is his stats look good, but ultimately he's ineffective and his teams loses. See Dallas Cowboys Game 1 and Game 2. Let's examine Game 2 a little closer. At first glance he had a pretty good game, at least compared to Brett Favre's game against Miami. Romo completed 34 of 51 passes for 374 yards. Pretty good right. However he threw 1 touchdown against two interceptions. He continues to have too many turnovers. Romo threw his touchdown in the second quarter. The greats do their damage in every quarter. This is how the 6 Dallas drives ended in the second half: Field Goal. Punt, Punt, Missed FG, Fumble (thanks Roy) and a Field Goal. Of course Romo isn't the only one that deserves blame, the offense has been a shambles most of this season. Here's hoping your team won't be "having a Tony Romo".

Why I hate Wade Phillips, according to ESPN.com and other outlets the Cowboys practices are sloppy. 18 penalties in two games is the sign of a poorly coached team. Again according to espn.com: "At one point, Phillips told a reporter he didn't like his line of questioning." Waah, I've heard Wade Phillips is thin skinned, I guess that's true. Wade, you are the Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys, you didn't think there would be some uncomfortable questions if you and your team didn't perform? Later Phillips said: "I'm going to try to do something," Phillips said. "I'm trying to do whatever we think as a staff that we need to do better to get this turned around. That is what coaching is."

Wade is going to "try". Hmm I wonder what my kids would say when I told them I'm going to try and spend time with them. I wonder what my boss would say, when I tell her I'll try to be at work when I should be. I wonder what my future wife will say when I tell her I'll "try" to take the garbage out. To quote Yoda: "Do or do not... there is no try". To quote Yoda again, this is what your average Dallas Cowboy fan says: "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

I think Wade has the perfect name, it's a metaphor for the kind of coach he is. The NFL is a big, nasty ocean and all Phillips does is wade in. We need an agressive swimmer, someone that will dive in and swim with the sharks. We need Jimmy Johnson or someone like him that will kick some ass. Wade says, "I'm going to try to do something." That's great and all, but does he know what to do? As Bill Parcells says, "Your record says what kind of team you are". Wade you are not cut out to be a head coach. Please step down before you humiliate yourself or the Cowboys more.

Calvin Watkins is a Cowboys writer at ESPNDallas.com and all true fans of the Cowboys should follow him. He has the pulse of the Cowboys.

My favorite play of the College Football weekend:



I'm just so sick of Notre Dame and I hate them. I love to see them lose. They get preferential treatment, just because they are Notre Dame. But they've been living on their reputation for years now. Their program is more of a coach killer than a BCS contender. Notre Dame is 1-2 and on their way to another terrible season. Later this year they have Utah coming to town, that's another loss for Irish. Hey maybe you can get Wade Phillips to coach your team next year. He'll "try to do something" which won't work. However he'll "try".

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites