Saturday, September 11, 2010

"The Day After Tomorrow", Football Predictions

Hello,

Welcome to blog #598.

I have all 4 of my kids this weekend and we're having fun. As is the tradition when some of my kids stay over we watch a movie. That's exactly what we did last night. We watched "The Day After Tomorrow". It stars Dennis Quaid, a very young Jake Gyllenhall and the luminous Emmy Rossum. Honestly I didn't expect much from this movie and it ended up being okay. I just have one question. One of the story lines is about this very long trek that Dennis Quaid makes across the country to rescue his son. Cue the violins and all that good feeling. My question: "Why was that story line such a big part of the movie? He crosses the country, finds his son and then they get rescued by a helicopter? Dumb. Was the Vice President character suppose to be mocking Dick Cheney, who was the Vice President when the movie was made? I don't think it's a coindence the film maker had both of them be gruff, ignorant, not paying attention to facts.

Football predictions: In a hard fought game BYU will hold off Air Force. I predict that Utah, no matter the quarterback, will clobber UNLV. I also think Dallas will beat Washington tomorrow night on Sunday Night Football. It will be hard to pick what to watch tomorrow night. Along with the Dallas game, the Sunday Night baseball game features the Braves and also AMC has both "Mad Men" and "Rubicon" with new episodes.

Time to take the kids to Carl Jrs.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites