Friday, October 7, 2011

Quick Blog, Great Job and Great Songs

Hello,

Welcome to Blog #985 of themusicaddict.

Just a quick blog today. I've been blessed with one of the best jobs for me that I could ever hope to find. The cool thing about it is that I have three day weekends nearly every weekend. Today I'm going to go see "Money Ball" for me and take my daughter to see "Dolphin Tale". I have no desire to see that movie, but I will for her. I couldn't talk her into seeing "Real Steel". That's okay as that looks like a kind of dumb movie. The movie essentially looks like "Rocky" with robots. Although the very gorgeous Evangaline Lilly is in it:



I listened to a lot of music on Spotify over the last couple of days, here are just some quick reviews of what I listened to.

1) Jethro Tull: Now don't ask me why but I've been really wanting to listen to their music for the last week or so. The great thing about Spotify is that nearly all their CDs are available there. I listened to one of their concerts from 1978 and a concert from 2007. "Aqualung" is such a pervy song, but also a great song. I also like "Bungle In The Jungle" and "Locomotive Breath".

2) I've heard some good songs from Hank Williams 3 in the past. So I listened to some yesterday. The songs I heard were lame and the language was terrible. I could only handle 4 or 5 songs of that crap before I had to turn it off.

3) "Red Hot and Rio 2". If you like slow, boring music this is the CD for you.

4) Horrible Crowes, I know I had never heard of them either. It's Brian Fallon's side band. Fallon is also the singer for The Gaslight Anthem. Anthem has a couple of good songs, but a lot of crap too. Of the two bands, I actually like Horrible Crowes better. What is up with all these Crow bands anyway?

5) I also listened to a few songs off the new Cobra Starship CD, it's not that good.

6) Finally due to a random comment from someone else in a grocery store I felt the need to listen to some of The Prodigy. Do you remember that 15 minutes where everyone thought that Techno would sweep the world? Instead it laid down and died and was gone seemingly overnight. I was surprised how much I enjoyed listening to The Prodigy yesterday. Their CD "The Fat of The Land" actually has several good songs on it. I would highly suggest you check it out on Spotify. Sadly Spotify isn't available to those of you in Belgium.

Here are some great songs: First of all I would like to start off with 1 of the greatest songs of all-time. This song has got to be a Top 100 song, also one of the best songs about relationships ever. This song has more lasting impact that techno music ever did. From it's opening notes this song grabs you by the collar, "Enjoy The Silence":


This is a song that has been playing in my head on permanent loop for the last few days.


This is B. Reith's "Go On", it's not the greatest song ever. However it has an incredibly catchy chorus.


This is one of The Gaslight Anthem's great songs, "The '59 Sound":


This one is one of my favorite of The Horrible Crowes songs: "Behold The Hurricane":


Do you remember this video? The Missing Persons "Words":


This is real country music, Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson:


Another real country song by Waylon. "Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way":


This song reminds me from the Shannon on Season One of "Lost":


Finally here are a couple of Prodigy songs, both of these are from "The Fat Of The Land", the CD with a cover of a crab on it.




themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites