Thursday, October 20, 2011

Just songs today.

Hello,

It's been another crazy few days. Usually by Wednesday of a new quarter things have slowed quite a bit. However yesterday I spent 5.5 hours packing up books and getting them ready to send back. Also today has been another busy day, here are just a bunch of songs rocking my world.

First I'll start off with Arctic Monkey's take on the Amy Winehouse classic. And yes I realize how new of a song it is, but "You Know I'm No Good" is a classic:


Here's the amazing original:


Is there any doubt this is the best song of 2011:


A great cathartic song that can help you burn off some anger, especially if you are just leaving a relationship.



Did you get out all your tension, if not this song will help you.


The tension still isn't out? Okay this song will help you finish getting the tension out. If it doesn't you are way too tense.

While checking out new music on Spotify, I found out that Everlast has a new CD. While that CD is very mediocre, he did have quite a few good songs back in the day. Here are a few:


There's no way this song should work, but somehow it does. Although the video is frightfully unhappy.


Here's "The Warning", now don't make me tell you again :)


Here's an all-time classic song about a place I've never been and don't plan on going too.


Blake Shelton's "Some Beach":


I also quite like Blake Shelton's "Ol' Red", but Blake's record company is afraid they'll lost money if you can move the video to someone's blog. So instead of getting the real version, you get this version:


I think the above cover starts out well enough, I like the voice of the guy. But his little sister detracts from the song.

I'm guessing that No Doubt can sing their own and represent their own selves. I love the percolating rhythm of this song. Also this is one of the few songs where the rapping actually works within the song. As it does with "You Know I'm No Good".


The Cars "Let The Good Times Roll":


This is becoming one of my favorite Taylor Swift songs, "Speak Now":

No comments:

Favorites