Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Spotify 80's Radio Rules

Hello,

I'm listening to Spotify 80's radio right now and I'm absolutely loving it. I hope this isn't too obnoxious, but the song in parenthesis is the song Spotify is playing while I'm writing this blog. (Alpahville's "Big In Japan", I guess they weren't a one hit wonder.)

Monday is the start of the linear quarter at the school where I work. So I'm having a few hundred books coming in this week. Receiving them, organizing them and putting them on the right shelf takes a bit of effort. I'm only telling you that because this blog will be a bit less frequent and the entries will be shorter.

Anyway on today's blog I just want to praise Spotify radio. But before I do that ('the highly anticipated new CD from Joe Jonas", really who's anticipating it?) Evanescence released their new CD. (Kim Wilde's "Cambodia". Do you remember this song?) Their new CD is self-titled. If you are an Evanescence fan you will like it. If you aren't a fan don't waste your time listening to it. From the first note, there's no doubt that it's Evenescence. They haven't varied their sound a lot from "Bring Me To Life" or "My Immortal":


Now back to the greatness of 80's radio. The music was so good in the 80's that even the rap music was good. From the Beastie Boys to the amazing Run-D.M.C. and ending with LL Cool J it was a great decade for even rap music. (BTW I listened to the new Jay Z-Kanye West CD the other day. It's called "The Throne". It has a couple of good moments in it. But it also has too much talking about not nice women. Too much swearing and overall it just sucks. It has to be one of the worst CD's of this year.)
Speaking of rap, Spotify is now playing "Rapture", the big hit by Blondie. The first Top 40 song which has rapping on it.

Here are some of the great 80's songs I heard today on Spotify 80's radio.

- "Add It Up"- Violent Femmes
- "Fast Car"- Tracy Chapman
- "One Night In Bangkok"- Murray Head
- "She's Like The Wind"- Patrick Swayze
- "Careless Whisper"- Wham


I love the first couple of lines of the above song.

- "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go"- Wham again
- "Sweet Child O' Mine"- Guns N' Roses
- "Rapture"- Blondie
- "Like A Virgin"- Madonna
- "The Best"- Tina Turner
- "Don't You Want Me"- Human League
- "West End Girls"- Pet Shop Boys
- "In The Air Tonight"- Phil Collins
- "Right Here Waiting"- Richard Marx Name another decade that had as many amazing ballads as the 80's.

I also heard a song that I had never heard before, but I really like it. Do you ever remember hearing this song? This song feels like a Lady Gaga song a bit, don't you think? Also she has a much better body than the Lady. It's Sabrina's "Boys":


Then I remember hearing this song a few times, it's also a pretty cool song. Danny Wilson "Mary's Prayer":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites