Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Yankees (meh), "Hawaii Five-O", Great Songs

Hello,

Unfortuntately A.J. Burnett came through enough last night for the Yankees to beat Detroit. Also the Yankees bats really came alive as New York won 10-1. That forces a Game 5 back in the Bronx on a Thursday night. Burnett pitched 5.2 innings, gave up 4 hits and only gave up 1 run. Although Burnett did walk 3 Tigers in the first inning, but was saved by a great catch by Curtis Granderson. That was the first of of two great Granderson catches on this night.

I also got around to watching the first episode of "Hawaii Five-0" last night. It's not the greatest show in the world, the stories need a lot of work. However the characters are cool. I love Danno Williams, although his sense-of-humor does get a little tired sometimes. Also who doesn't love Lt. Chin Ho Kelly or his gorgeous cousin Kono Kalakaua? Of course she had to have her requisite bikini scene in this season's first episode. In no way should that be considered a complaint. Obviously her main role is eye candy, but the fact that she also kicks butt is a nice bonus.

But I think my favorite character is Mr Shaved Ice himself Kamekona. Not only is he a hilarious character, but also a sometimes babysitter and knows his way around the seamy underbelly of Hawaii. He's always good for a few laughs. I wouldn't mind him taking on an expanded role in this series. t also really like Rachel, Danny's ex-wife, but I was saddened by the fact that she went back to her husband. I understand why the producers did that though. There's much more drama that can come out of a messy relationship than a happy relationship.

I'm not a big fan of Steve McGarrett or Wo Fat. I was hoping the whole Wo Fat nonsense was ending at the end of last season. It made me think of "The Killing" in that it has a storyline going on too long. Was McGarret's Dad a good man or not, who cares? I just wish the stories could take on more of the appeal of the characters.

Here are some great songs:



That song reminds me of Paula Cole's "Where Have All the Cowboys Gone". This video combines two of my favorite things: a great song, Evangaline Lilly and "Lost".



I love the 2011 version of this classic Elton John song. I love Ellie Goulding's voice and English accent:



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites