Friday, October 21, 2011

The world is going to end today, no really!. NBA Fiasco, Top 5 shows on TV

Hello,

Harold Camping, otherwise known as the idiot, has said that once again the world is going to end. I hope you've got everything prepared for the end of the world. Remember this is the same dude that predicted the world would end on April 21st, but then went into brief hiding when it didn't. Camping now says this about April 21st: "On May 21 Christ did come spiritually to put all of the unsaved throughout the world into judgment. But that universal judgment will not be physically seen until the last day of the five month judgment period, on October 21, 2011."

With the world ending I guess we don't have to worry about the NBA Lockout any more. Heck I'm going home, I don't want to be stuck at work while the world ends. What does one wear when the end of the world is coming down?

With the world ending at least the soundtrack should be good. Here are some good songs to enjoy your last few hours of life:


Yeah you knew this one was coming:


Here are two Def Leppard songs. The first is titled "Armageddon", although I think it's about anything but.


And instead of listening to the uninteresting World Series last night I was rocking out to the recently released live Def Leppard CD. I listened to this song over and over again:


The NBA fiasco continues to go on. After 3 days and 30 hours of meeting with a mediator things are still far apart for both sides. David Stern said if there wasn't an agreement reached by Tuesday, all games up to Christmas would be cancelled. Well David it's three days past that deadline and still no more games have been cancelled. What's going on? Obviously David Stern is a terrible bluffer, I hope he doesn't play poker. The players didn't fall for his bluff at all. I don't know if the public did either. And the longer that the NBA stays away, the less fans care.

How long do we have to go through this prolonged labor negotiation before the NBA just cancels the whole season and puts us all out of our misery? The sooner that happens the better. I'm afraid that we won't be that fortunate. We all know the lockout will end when the players eventually break. The owners want to use this lockout to get terms more favorable to them. They have many more resources and can wait out the players.

Top 5 shows currently on TV:

If it wasn't for Comcast On Demand, I don't know how much TV I would be watching this season. However On Demand is so darn convenient. I can watch a show anytime I want to watch it. Also the commercials are much less. If I miss a show for some reason, I can just catch it the next night On Demand.

This list may change, but here's my top 5 now.

1) "Castle" This show starring Stana Katic and Nathan Fillion continues their great story telling. There's an amazing chemistry between Castle and Beckett. The producers continue to tease us with the will they or won't they story line. Serena Kaye's character was brought in last week to cause a little jealousy on Beckett's part. She seems a little more vulnerable to the charms of losing him now after having that seemed to be a possibility. At the end of season three she was shot and Castle told her that he loved her. I'm sure she still has his "I love you" ringing in her ears. Although she still claims that she doesn't remember anything about the shooting. Also without a doubt Stana Katic has to be the most gorgeous woman on TV.

2) "Terra Nova", after watching the first two episodes of this show I thought it was dumb. It had many weak story lines from the father son dynamics to the sixes. Also having 12 executive producers seemed to be too many cooks making the stew. However over the last few weeks the show has actually grown a lot. It has dramatically improved to the point that I now look forward to watching it every Monday. The characters are great and I'm starting to care for them. It's cool seeing the dinosaurs and how much they play in the story lines. The dinosaurs actually have a purpose other than ratings.

3) "Revenge" While I'm not a fan of soap operas, this is a very good soap opera. It's much better than "Desperate Housewives". The revenge part of the story line is being lessened as the show goes along. I hate to use the word mature in terms of shows. However "Terra Nova" and "Revenge" are maturing before our very eyes. I like the growth of the character Daniel Grayson, he seems to be the only Grayson that actually resembles outside what he is inside. I like the main character Amanda. Her relationship with Daniel feels very real. I'm not sure how much she's really into him, or is this just part of her revenge scheme? Amanda does seem to be starting to get out of the mindset of revenge. I think that's a welcome change in the show.

4) "A Gifted Man" Honestly I'm surprised this show is so low on my list. While the show does have it's weaknesses, it also has a heart. Unlike "Revenge" we like the characters in this show. In "Revenge" we keep on watching because we like to see the greedy buggers of the Hamptons get their comeuppance. I think "Man" is at a critical juncture. It's time to improve the writing and have this show live up to it's full potential. With a just bit more quality writing, this show would be #1 on my list.

5) "Pan Am" I haven't seen the most recent episode, because I've been so busy watching all these other shows. Again I really dislike the whole stewardess as spy story line. However I do like how this show has had episodes in Cuba, Germany and other countries. I enjoy how the show has worked historical drama into each episode. I realized today that's why this show is set in JFK's Presidency. There were so many interesting things that happened in his presidency. I predict a big finale coming up surrounding JFK's assassination. That is if the ratings challenged show survives that long.

Sorry "Hawaii Five-O" your stories are just too lame. The whole perfection of Steve McGarret drives me crazy. In addition I hate the whole Wo Fat storyline, that has dragged on for way too long. For the rest of season two, it's time to move up to bigger and better things.

Also I'm a fan of both "Body of Proof" and "Blue Bloods". However with everything else going on I haven't had a chance to watch any of the episodes. Thanks to Comcast On Demand I should be able to watch them all soon enough.

Two shows I'm glad I haven't or will see. 1) The now cancelled "The Playboy Club" and 2) "X-Factor" I really liked Simon Cowell on "American Idol". So naturally I thought I would just start watching this show and fall in love with it. However for some reason I never had the interest of seeing it, maybe because "AI" has watered down the formula for 10 years? Thankfully and after some of the things I've heard about the show I'm glad I never started watching it. I think the panel is suppose to remind us of the early seasons of "American Idol". We have Simon and Paula Abdul, the only person who will give her a job is Simon. And at least on a subconscious level it seems to me that LA Reid it seems to me is suppose to remind us of Randy Jackson. I know that makes no sense to me either, but I wouldn't put any desperate tactic past Fox.

happy last day on earth, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites