Tuesday, October 4, 2011

"Pan Am", "Terra Nova" Goodbye "Playboy Club" Great songs

Hello,

I gave "Terra Nova" one more chance and episode 2 was much better than the 2 hour season premiere. Two things I complained about last week was the two boring father-son conflicts. Only the slightest hint of that was in this episode. I also thought last week that the Commander Taylor-Skye relationship may not have been appropriate. It seems I was imagining things which I'm glad about now. Now to my tortured mind, it seems he's having a relationship with his second in command. That's the babe who seems to be in charge of security, Alicia Washington.

Also the flying bird like dinosaur that was the star of the show was cool. According to wikipedia.org the bird like creature is called pterosaurs. However it was actually called something else in the show, Dr. Malcolm Wallace named it after himself. He should have named it the creepasorus. Although not technically a dinosaur that's what I'm going to call it so as not to confuse readers of this blog or myself.

This episode still had flaws. I loved at the end of the show when Mom and Dad were going to go have sex, they just closed the sliding door. Not only that but the door was see through. Really none of the 12 executive producers ever had sex with kids around? Their curiosity overcomes their fear. It's like they have a parents having sex alarm and they always want to interrupt. That's a Tony Romo like failure to miss on that.

That being said this episode was so much better then the two hour premiere.

Although with how expensive this show is to make, there will be no second half of the season. I also have a feeling there won't be a second season. So enjoy it for the next 10 weeks.

I also watched episode 2 of "Pan Am". After having a strong first episode, this episode was so much worse. I love the characters, the actress who plays Collette is gorgeous and a great character. I like the two sisters, Laura and Kate, at the center of the story. I love the feisty red headed Kate and how she looks out for her little sister. Then of course Laura is leaving her mother's very formidable shadow and Mom is having a hard time letting go. Although I'd like to see the Mom character go away. The two daughters have broken away, why keep Mom in the story anymore?

But honestly the whole Kate as a undercover spy story line is incredibly lame. What is the point of that? Is this just introducing the character and will her spy deeds get more exciting. Honestly I just don't think the writers will make that idea more interesting.

Thank goodness "The Playboy Club" has been cancelled. It wins the very uncoveted award of being the first show cancelled of the Fall season. There's still some sense in the world.

For those of you going through trying times now, remember it will get better. Also you are learning so much now that will help you be a better person moving forward. Here's a song for you:



Listening to this song, how do you not get a sense of dread that things were not going to end well for Amy Winehouse? Was anyone really surprised when she was found dead at the young age of 27? Listening to this song though I hear the loss of a great talent. This is an amazing song and Winehouse has an amazing voice. R.I.P. Amy.



I love Crystal Bowersox's version of the Buffalo Springfield classic, "For What It's Worth". Whatever happened to Mama Sox? Again the lack of marketing power of "American Idol" continues to not impress. (Please join me in hoping Season 11 is the last season.)



Here's a piece of "The Good Life" for you, this brought to you by Weezer. A great song to energize any workout.



Fellow children of the 80's, do you remember this song? Primitive Radio Gods "Standing Outside A Broken Phone Booth With Money In My Hand."



Although R.E.M. is now broken up, they did make great music up to the end of their career. This is the excellent "Mine Smell Like Honey":



A song from the excellent soundtrack for "I Know What You Did Last Summer". BTW I bought that CD the other day at the Bountiful Greywhale. This is one of the many amazing songs on that CD. This is Kula Shakur's version of "Hush":



Finally the new Joss Stone/ Mick Jagger song with the super group Super Heavy. I think this song starts out cool, but it goes down hill once Jagger's voice takes over.



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites