Sunday, October 9, 2011

NBA Please Stay Away, Lauren German's Amazing Green Eyes, What is the name of that song from "Money Ball"?

Hello,

There's rumors that the NBA and the player's union are getting together Sunday night for a last ditch to achieve some kind of labor peace. They'll be making an effort to come to some kind of agreement. In other words, the NBA wants to see if the player's union is ready to break. I'm hoping they aren't and that the lockout will continue. The NBA already announced if there isn't some kind of agreement by tomorrow, that the first two weeks of the regular season will be wiped out. To nobody's dismay the preseason has already been wiped out. NBA: I say hasta la vista baby. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

To the NBA, I'll be cheering for your counterparts in the NHL. Also "my" Red Wings are now 2-0! Again I have plenty of things going in my life and can live without the NBA quite easily.

College Football news, the Utes lost another tough game yesterday. They lost at home to ASU 35-14. I watched most of that game, at least until it got out of hand. The sad thing is that Utah could have won that game. There were too many turnovers and missed opportunities. Utah's defense looks solid, they played very tough and valiantly.

On the other hand the Utes offense needs to learn how to hold on to the ball. I liked how good backup quarterback Jon Hays looked, given the circumstances. Yes, I know he had some interceptions, but he throws a much prettier ball than Jordan Wynn does. Wynn throws an ugly duck of a pass, I'm amazed he's as effective as he is with that pass.

Now for BYU they started their October of awfulness. Other than TCU, they are playing a bunch of bad teams in October. They started off playing SJSU last night. They are probably one of the worst D1 teams in college football. So BYU completely dominated them in every facet of the game right? No, not even close. After watching BYU play 6 games this year, it's obvious they are a very average team. Riley Nelson, in his first start this season, looked decent. With Nelson's running ability I think that gives him the edge over Jake Heaps. Although Nelson has the same propensity for too many turnovers asHeaps. BYU should have won that game by more. On the other hand if BYU wanted to make it closer Bronco could have put Heaps in.

I only watched part of BYU's game last night. I was very tired and BYU played such a lackluster opponent that I just didn't have much interest. Instead I watched the third episode of "A Gifted Man", a show that I like very much. I love the characters in it. The story lines are also very good, I just hope that the show takes on a more realistic approach. I'm hoping Dr. Michael Holt doesn't continue to be so spectacularly successful. It makes for relatively little drama. The show could be so much better with just a few realistic flourishes.

I also watched the second episode of "Hawaii Five-O" Season Two. I do like that show quite a bit, but I don't even know why they bother with their stories any more. Their story lines are so lame, simple and predictable. Frightfully they've already started repeating themselves. That's crazy in only their second season. Also the whole Kono/ Internal Affairs story line is dreadfully boring. I realize the producers are trying to create some drama with whether Kono will be able to get back on Five-O or not. But there's absolutely no suspense in that. Unless Grace Park (Kono) is leaving the show, we all know eventually she'll be back on Five-O. There's absolutely no drama in that whole story line.

I know it sounds like I don't like the show, but I do. I love the characters and their interactions. They are very funny and have a great chemistry. While Steve McGarret's character can do no wrong, and that's a bit unrealistic. But of the main characters, there's there's not a weak character in the show.

Also when it comes to women I love red heads and women with green eyes. Women with both are some very attractive women. In "Hawaii Five-O" I like the new character introduced. Her real name is Lauren German and she plays the character Officer Lori Weston. She's attractive and a fine actress, but the thing I like most about her is that she has some of the most amazing green eyes ever. I wasn't able to find something that capture"s those amazing eyes 100%, this is the best I came up with:


Obviously I have no idea if colored contacts were used or not, but if that is her natural eye color then wow.

What is the name of that song in "Money Ball" you wonder? Billy Beane and his daughter go to the guitar store and he asks his daughter to sing him a song. She picks up a guitar, starts playing it and sings "The Show":


The above version is Lenka singing it. On the "Money Ball" soundtrack the lady that sings it is Kerris Dorsey.

Also today only you can buy Ashton Sheppard's new CD "Where Country Grows" for only $3.99. Obviously that's the digital copy. It features this great song:


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites