Sunday, January 27, 2013

Great TV Now!: I Love Alicia Florrick!

Hello,

I had a TV binge a couple weeks ago watching all of Season 1 of "Homeland". If only they'd had the courage to let Damian Lewis' character blow up the bomb he was carrying. That was a bit of a cop out when he didn't.  However I can't wait until I get my hands on Season Two, "Homeland" is such an amazing show.  I've had a couple of busy work weeks. So just the last couple of days, I've got into the swing of catching up on my shows.

The last couple of nights I spent with a couple of old friends, "Blue Bloods" and "The Good Wife". "Blue Bloods" is such an enjoyable show, as long as they don't focus on Jamie's character. He's truly a weak link. The following episode, where they focused on Danny, was a much better show. Danny is both a much better character and played by a much better actor.

"The Good Wife" is such a great show. I love the show's wit and some of the best actors currently working. Great characters, great cast. I do wonder when are they going to make Michael J. Fox a full-time character? Is that why he has bought Lockhart-Gardner's debt? I love his Louis and Alicia's battles. I also love when Alicia uses that great laugh of hers, which usually is mocking someone's stupidity.

I loved "The Good Wife's" latest episode "The Seven Day Rule". I love Alicia starting to show some backbone now. I think she realized that she was being handled by too many people. She's being handled at work, handled by Eli Gold, handled by Louis Canning. But this week she started showing independence. I loved her honesty in declaring she was an atheist. I loved that she did exactly what Diane Lockhart suggested about going and thanking all the equity partners. But it seems Diane realized Alicia wasn't fully engaged in that activity.

The only person she isn't being handled by is her husband and she wants to be handled by him in a physical way lately. It seems their relationship works best when they aren't living together.

Then the show I want to watch the most this year is coming Sunday, The Super Bowl. Go 49ers!! Not only do I have a rooting interest in this game, but I think these are two evenly matched teams. I love the story line about the Harbaugh brothers. Although I couldn't be bored more by Beyonce as the alleged halftime entertainment.

Then on February 8th, "The Walking Dead" is back. I'm so excited! Although again I hope the rest of the season isn't spent having Rick and The Governor battling it out. I would love for that storyline to finish playing out in the next episode. Nearly every show on TV deals with humans battling humans. I watch "The Walking Dead" to watch humans battling zombies!

Lastly and potentially least is the new Fox show "The Following". In spite of having the great Kevin Bacon, I was less than impressed with the pilot episode. The ratings went up for week 2, hopefully the second episode is better then. If it's not a lot better, and a lot more original, I may pull the plug on watching this show very soon.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites