Thursday, January 24, 2013

themusicaddict: Songs Rocking My World Right Now!

Hello,

I'd like to dedicate this song to Mike D'antoni, whose Lakers are only 12-20 since he became their head coach. The Lakers have been even worse of late, they've lost 10 of their last 12 games. I've been enjoying this so much. However the Lakers are now looking so bad that I'm almost starting to feel sorry for them.

For Mike D'antoni, I'm dedicating Fountains of Wayne "Hackensack". The lyrics that made me think of D'antoni are:

Sometimes I wonder where you are
Probably in L.A.
That seems to be where everybody else ends up these days

But I will wait for you
As long as I need to
And if you ever get back to Hackensack
I'll be here for you



Dedicated to the highly overrated Dwight Howard, who for some reason NBA columnists are still drooling over. Jim Buss you need to trade this bust asap, to at least dump his contract for no other reason.  Do you really want to play almost $20 million to someone who already is on the downside of his career, a bad free throw shooter, constantly injured and is a me first player? Also you then could avoid all his drama this offseason about where he's going to play next season.



I dedicate this song to all fans of Duke, who's butts were kicked last night by the Miami Hurricanes. (I expect Duke to return the favor when Miami visits Cameron Indoor Stadium.) I hate Duke and all their big pasty white guys, so I'm always glad to see them lose.

Drowning Pool's "Bodies":



I dedicate this song to BYU's Men's Basketball Team as they go into Spokane to play the # 10 ranked Bulldogs. Good luck Cougars!



To know the good, we have to know the bad. I was trying to think of a song that I could dedicate to Jerry Jones, only one of the two or three biggest idiots in all of sports. The man who single handedly is taking all the tarnish off once what the once one of the best sports franchises in the world, the Dallas Cowboys. Dedicated to the Metroplex's own "American Idiot":



Now here's the good. To the next Super Bowl champions, the San Francisco 49ers:



Other songs rocking my world, but most without dedications.

Papa Roach's "Last Resort":



Ministry's "New World Order":



I'm dedicating this song to all of those of you who are going through a break up, especially if that break up is a divorce. In my opinion Pearl Jam is the second best band of all-time, because of songs like this. This is "Rearviewmirror", a song of pure catharsis:



Here's some more catharsis from Daughtry, a song that was very instrumental in helping me survive my divorce:

Just keep on saying to yourself:

"Cause the day I thought I'd never get through
I got over you."



Charlie Parker's amazing version of "Summertime":



Eric Carmen's "Make Me Lose Control":



Cobra Starship's butt kicking "Pete Wentz Is The Only Reason We Are Famous":



Liz Phair's "Rock Me":



Samantha Fox "I Wanna Have Some Fun": (Yes, this was the best, only, video I could find.)



Another song from the lovely Miss Fox, "Naughty Girls Need Love Too". (Do you think these dancers ever lived down this video with their cheesy dancing?)



Nothing can rock your world more, or be more devastating than a heartfelt ballad. Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam's "All Cried Out" is one of my favorites.



I'll close with this song, Chaka Khan's "":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites