Sunday, January 13, 2013

"Homeland" Season 1 is Fantastic

Hello,

I know I'm late to the party with "Homeland", but I don't have Showtime. And frankly it's not worth paying for. However with Showtime's Freeview weekend starting this past Friday, I started watching Season 1 of "Homeland". All I can say is this is a magnificent show. First of all let me start off with the casting. The actors playing each member of the cast are perfect for each role. Claire Danes as the obsessive, mentally fractured Carrie Mathison is a revelation. Damien Lewis is fantastic as Nick Brody. The best is Mandy Patinkin, he's amazing as Carrie's mentor and CIA analyst Saul Berenson.

And for those of you who like eye candy, there's the absolutely gorgeous Morena Baccarin, who plays Brody's long suffering wife. Thinking he was dead she still waited 6 years for him to come home, too bad it was 8 years before he came home. Nick and Jessica readjusting to being a married couple has been one of the most interesting story lines in a show full of amazing story lines. (Also Jessica Brody as a mother reminds me a lot of January Jones' Betty Francis.)

I think she looks better with long hair, but she looks amazing here. The lovely Miss Baccarin:


Anyway I've watched the first 9 episodes of Season 1 so far and I'm madly in love with this show.  I mean the main question is Nicholas Brody a terrorist or not? Just when I think I have that figured out, the rug is pulled out from underneath me. Then when I'm accepting a new reality about Nicholas, the rug is pulled out from underneath me again. The best thing I can say about this show is that it's anything but predictable.

My only quibble is the way too many uses of the F bomb and the way more graphic than needed sex scenes. It's funny with so much on the line how much time everyone has for sex.

The first season of "Homeland" is 12 episodes long and I plan on watching the last 3 episodes after I get home from church.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites