Thursday, January 17, 2013

themusicaddict's Songs I'll Never Tire Of

Hello,

Just a random list of songs that I'll never tire of. These are songs that you've probably heard hundreds of times. However when you are reminded of the song, you can't wait to hear it again. Or if the song comes on the radio you turn it up loud and sing along with. And you just don't care who may notice. Prince's "When Dove Cry" would be featured here, but his videos are locked down from being played properly. I think that's a shame.

From the sax solo at the start of "Careless Whisper", this song just grabs you immediately and doesn't let go. Just one of many of George Michael's great songs. I also love these lyrics:

"I feel so unsureAs I take your hand and lead you to the dance floorAs the music diesSomething in your eyesCalls to mind a silver screenAnd all it's sad goodbyes" (Thanks to metrolyrics.com)



From the great "Pretty In Pink", this is OMD's "If You Leave":



Rihanna is so damn gorgeous.



Rush's "Tom Sawyer":



In spite of this being by Bon Jovi, it's still a classic song. From Tom Cruise to a random "American Idol" contestant this song is just amazing. No matter who sings it, the song demands to be heard.



Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean":



Here are a couple of songs I never get tired of from Depeche Mode. I just love how this first song builds in intensity, "A Pain That I'm Used To":



Some of the greatest relationship advice ever, "Enjoy The Silence":



U2's "With or Without You":



U2's "Red Hill Mining Town":



Midnight Oil's "Beds Are Burning":



Oasis' "Wonderwall":



The first video ever played on MTV is The Buggles "Video Killed the Radio Star". I'm still waiting up for the follow up song "Snooki Killed The Video Star".



I love the bluesy sexiness of Joan Osborne's "Right Hand Man":



I'm not sure why Judas Priest pretends like this song doesn't exist. It's not even on their two volume Greatest Hits collection. But "United" is the one Judas Priest song I never get tired of.



From Death Cab For Cutie's excellent "Transatlanticism", this is "We Looked Like Giants":



The Heavy "How You Like Me Now":



A couple from Mumford & Sons, first up "Little Lion Man": (language in this song may offend some)



"Babel":



Songs I've got tired of: Pretty much anything by Aersosmith, Journey's "Don't Stop Believing", Katy Perry's "Hot and Cold, Gotye's "Someone I Used To Know",

No comments:

Favorites