Thursday, January 31, 2013

Lakers Are Done!, Super Bowl Thoughts and Pick

Hello,

I'd like to dedicate the following song to the Lakers and all their delusional fans. It's so cute you guys think this Lakers team is still going to make the playoffs. Seriously in what universe does it make sense for Ron "The Brick" Arrest to have as many shots as Kobe Bryant? Arrest shot 10 3 pointers? Other than seeing the Lakers lose, Lakers haters are happiest when they see Arrest is about to shoot. Dwight Howard is going to play through his injury, did he mean for that to sound like a threat? Does anyone have more whiny faces than the Big Stiffy (Pau Gasol). Gasol is so slow that tortoises are saying to themselves, "Damn the Big Stiffy is slow". Does it make me a bad person that I love to watch the Lakers lose so much?



Good news California: While the Lakers will continue to struggle this season, the 49ers will be bringing home the Super Bowl to California on Sunday. Here are some random Super Bowl thoughts:

1) Obviously Randy Moss isn't the greatest wide receiver of all-time. That title would probably go to another 49er, Jerry Rice.

2) Two weeks between the Conference Championships and the Super Bowl is way too long. The media run out of things to talk about. With such an extended break we have stories like Chris Culliver's idiotic anti gay remarks. Stop putting a microphone in the faces of these unknown players. And to make anti gay comments in San Francisco, how dumb is Culliver? This is Culliver's 15 minutes of fame and he can go away now.

3a) I think it would be hilarious if Alex Smith had to be called upon to rescue the 49ers in the Super Bowl. No I'm not hoping that Colin Kaepernick gets hurt or is ineffective, I'd just love to see fellow Ute  Smith come in and rescue the 49ers.

3b) I'll also be keeping an eye on former BYU stud tight end Dennis Pitta. I hope he has a good game in the Ravens loss.

4) The last I heard the over/under on the Super Bowl is 47.5 points. If it was me, I would take the over. Yes, both teams have tremendous defenses. But I think the 49ers could break out and score a lot of points. There have already been a lot of high scoring playoff games so far. The NFC Championship had more points than 47.5 while the AFC Championship had fewer points.

5) Despite new allegations that Ray Lewis is a P.E.D. user, he denies that he is. A line from "Les Mis" comes to mind, "you'd expect that from a con". Lewis has been a great player in the NFL and he'll be missed. However what won't be missed is his celebration routine that draw attention to himself.

6) I hope that Colin Kaepernick scores a lot of touchdowns, however I hope we don't have to see that stupid Kaepernicking celebration. One of the worst celebration routines, as bad as Tebowing and Aaron Rogers lame championship belt routine. I miss the Ickey Shuffle, that showed some thought and was entertaining.

7) Beyonce as the Super Bowl half-time entertainment? That will be a good time to go to the bathroom and check e-mail.

Finally my Super Bowl pick. I predict the 49ers will go 6-0 in this Super Bowl. I predict the 49ers will score about 30 points and win by about 14 points. To be more specific, San Francisco wins 32-18. After cheering for the Cowboys for so many years and them being a disappointment every damn year I've adopted the 49ers as one of my teams. I got sick of following such a mediocre franchise as the Cowboys and wanted a playoff team to cheer for. I'm so excited for this Super Bowl. Thanks 49ers for giving me a team to care about this Super Bowl.

Meanwhile as the 49ers prosper, the Cowboys continue to flounder.

DeMarcus Ware says the Cowboys championship window is closing. Um DeMarcus when did it open? If you can't even make the playoffs, how are you going to win a Super Bowl? This is the kind of delusional thoughts that pass as thinking in Dallas. I'm also sad to say that it's going to be a long time, and probably the death of Jerry Jones, until the Cowboys reach the Super Bowl again. Jones winning those 3 Super Bowls in the early part of his ownership was the worst thing that could have happened to the Cowboys. Although the success had very little to do with him, he thought he was the mastermind and that his way was right. Cowboys fans have been paying for his delusions ever since.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites