Sunday, January 20, 2013

NFC Championship: 49ers-Falcons

Hello,

Today at 3:00pm EST the 49ers-Falcons will battle in the NFC Championship. Atlanta is the # 1 seed and also playing at home. I love even with those two things in their seeming advantage, an ESPN.com poll says that 74% of people predict the 49ers will win. And I couldn't agree more.

I imagine Colin Kaepernick will have a lot harder time of it today. I expect the Falcons have watched the SF-Green Bay tape mulitple times. Kaepernick's runs up the seam probably won't be allowed today. I'm sure that Atlanta will focus on making the 49ers beat them some other way. I have full confidence in Coach Harbaugh in making the right calls today. He's not like the red headed coach in Dallas, who I always expect to fail. Harbaugh always seems to know what he's doing.

Kaepernick isn't the only 49ers weapon. Of course, San Francisco has Frank Gore. If Atlanta takes away Kaepernick maybe that makes things much easier for Gore and the running game. With all their weapons, its easy to forget they also have LaMicheal James in the backfield. Don't forget all of the 49ers great wide receivers. They have Randy Moss, Michael Crabtree and Ted Ginn Jr. Although Crabtree will probably have some leftover residual effect from a sexual assault investigation, although it looks like he won't be charged. I also wish they still had Mario Manningham, one of the heroes of last season's Giants Super Bowl victory. They also have Vernon Davis as one of the most athletic tight ends in the NFL.

I just think Atlanta has too much baggage to overcome to win today. I'm surprised the Falcons got past the Seahawks last week. And they did their best to give it away.

Then for the AFC Championship game, yawn! Come on we all know that the Patriots are going to win and I predict they'll win big.

Meanwhile the Cowboys continue treading water, doing everything they can to ensure another 8-8 season next year. But what else would you expect with Jerry Jones in charge. I wouldn't put him in charge of a kid's kool aid stand.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites