Friday, January 25, 2013

Things I Won't Be Writing About Today 1/25/2013: Go Away Manti and Lance

Hello,

1) The first thing I won't be writing about is about two stories that need to go away. I'm tired of the new and daily information coming out about both Manti Te'o and Lance Armstrong. One got catfished and the other cheated at the Tour De France. We get it already, these stories need to die now. The only thing now remaining that could be interesting is that Armstrong was one of the fake voices for Te'o's "girlfriend".

2) Another story that needs to go away is the alleged relevance of the Lakers and if they can still turn this season around. L.A. is officially done, put a fork in them. The Lakers are 17-25 and have lost 10 of their last 12 games. They've never looked good under D'Antoni, he clearly isn't the right coach for this team. Hiring D'Antoni was the wrong decision from the beginning. The sooner the Lakers fire D'Antoni and blow up this roster the best for them. Right now they are further away from ever being a good team. They aren't even going in the right direction.

The Lakers play the Jazz tonight (Go Jazz!). If the Jazz win tonight they'll own a season sweep over the Lakers. That would be great on so many levels. Then they'll lose to the Thunder on Sunday. They next play New Orleans on Tuesday. Starting on Wednesday they go on a 7 game road trip. They play a mix of good and bad teams, but I doubt they'll finish that trip with a winning record. When they come home from that trip with about a 21-31 record, could we all officially stop talking about the Lakers for this
season?

Now for some wise words from the Black Hole himself, Mr. Dwight Howard: "Negativity just got to stop," Howard said after the team's shootaround Friday. "I'm sick of hearing about it. I'm sick of hearing about all the negative stuff. It's a big problem. Negativity is just not good. We got to bring some positivity to this situation, to everybody."

Did he really say "negativity just got to stop"? First of all his, English usage needs work. Second of all the negativity has been rising since he joined the Lakers. That was after his protracted whinefest about if he was going to stay in Orlando after last season. Remember how once he lost interest in last season, he started playing like he didn't care. Then he became injured. How many games is he going to miss this season due to "injury"? Again he's a bum and the Lakers would be wise to cut out this cancer from their team asap.

3) I definitely won't be talking about the Cougars-Bulldogs game last night in Spokane. I only watched a part of that game, but it was so painful. Gonzaga clearly showed that they were the superior team. Meanwhile BYU showed that they have a lot of work to do if they want to be considered a great team. Tyler Haws, who averages 22 points a game, only scored 1 point last night. That's inexcusable!

4) I won't be writing about the big trade the Atlanta Braves pulled off yesterday. Although as a Braves fan I'm excited for next season. With Upton, Upton and Hayward in the outfield this team has both a great present and future. I'm excited to see what happens for the Braves in 2013.

5) I don't know if I'll do it, but I'm considering also following the Dodgers throughout the season as best as I can. I think that would be fun, at least for me. I would still write other blogs during the season. My Dodgers blogs probably won't be that long.

6) Another thing I'm excited about is the upcoming Super Bowl. It so much better when I have a stake in a team playing in the actual game. Although I'll skip the halftime again. Beyonce is boring, is she going to lip sync like she did at President Obama's inauguration? And is Kaepernicking becoming the next boring celebration following Tebowing and Aaron Rogers championship belt?

7) I also won't be writing about "Ripper Street". Thanks to the miracle of On Demand I was able to watch the pilot last night, it was a decent episode. It could become a great show or it could completely go the other way. It reminds me a bit too much of "Copper". Both have detectives as main characters, prostitutes play a big part in both shows and both shows use advanced investigation techniques for the times. Also both are based in roughly the same time period.  The major difference is that "Copper" is based in the USA and "Ripper Street" is based in England.

Now here are some songs that I'm liking now.

This is one of the least appreciated, and funkiest, songs of the 80's. A great song to exercise too. This is "Rockit" by Herbie Hancock:



And here's another song that's in the same vein as above, this is Yello's "Oh Yeah":



The Damn Yankees "Where You Going Now":



Disturbed's "Down With The Sickness":



Adele's "Rumor Has It" (My favorite part starts at the 2:14 mark):



Pink's "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites