Tuesday, January 15, 2013

What I Won't Be Writing About Today 1/15/13: The San Francisco 49ers

Hello,

These are things I won't be writing about today:

Sports:

1) I won't be writing about the 49ers impressive victory over the Packers this past Saturday. Although it's clear that Jim Harbaugh made the right decision by going with Colin Kaepernick over Alex Smith. Although I wasn't sure of that when Kaepernick threw that Pick 6 to start off the game. However after that he settled down and had an amazing game. Next up is Atlanta and I think the Falcons are very beatable. I won't be able to watch it so I ask my fellow 49ers to cheer for me.

2) I definitely won't be writing about the Patriots, I'm so tired of them. I'm not real jazzed by the Ravens either though. I'm not sure if I'll even be watching the AFC Championship Game, why can't that be the early game? If Atlanta wins I probably won't be watching the Super Bowl.

3) How about those Jazz! The Jazz had a very impressive victory last night over the defending NBA champs Miami Heat. A win is a win. Although I'm very tired of the Jazz building a big lead, and then either losing or barely holding on. Fortunately they barely held on against the Heat last night. The Jazz are a 1/2 game out of the playoff race.

4) I also definitely won't be talking about the Lakers. Do you ever get the feeling that Mike D'Antoni isn't a very good coach? Honestly the team hasn't played very well since he took over as head coach. He's a coach that stresses offense over defense. Now his brilliant plan is to have Kobe play defense on the best player on any team they play? I sort of understand that. However on the other hand does he really want to wear out his best player? I think instead he should try and get more out of The Big Stiffy (Gasol) and Mr. All About Me! (you know who.) (Again I never want the Big Stiffy or Mr. All About Me! on my Jazz.)

Come on Milwaukee, with your new coach, you can beat the Fakers tonight. I know the game is in LA, but it's not like the Lakers are a stellar road team. The Lakers are only 11-9 at home on the season.

5) I definitely won't be writing about the USDA's witch hunt of Lance Armstong. How much money have they spent persecuting, uh I mean stalking him? I can only think of about million better places that money could have been spent.

Here's a non-newsflash, Armstrong took steroids in chasing Tour De France titles. Usually I hate cheaters, but this time I just don't give a damn. The fact that he even got back off the couch after being diagnosed with testicular cancer is amazing. The fact that he was even able to compete with other elite racers is one of the greatest triumphs of the human spirit I've ever seen. And words can't express that not only did he win the Tour De France, but he won it 7 times! (Also please let's not be naive and think he was the only one who was juicing. If all the riders weren't juicing, I think most of the other riders were juicing as well. So in a bizarre way, it was a fairly competitive competition.)

And if that was the peak, then that would be very impressive. However all the money his Livestrong organization has raised to fight cancer is the greatest thing about this whole story.

Entertainment:

1) I won't be raving about the amazing "Homeland". I finished watching Season 1 Sunday night. What a great, great first season. I was a bit disappointed by the ending. I think "Homeland's" show runner wimped out a bit when Brody's bomb didn't go off. However maybe that will just lead to better drama in the future. I was disappointed to see that Season 2 isn't available yet to buy. I definitely won't be adding Showtime to an already expensive Comcast bill.

2) Ingrid Michaelson and kids from Sandy Hook Elementary singing "Somewhere Over The Rainbow". This is pretty cool:



Alleged entertainment:

1) From the what the hell? department. AMC, showing absolutely no common sense, is bringing "The Killing" back for a third season. It seems all the hate and the low ratings did nothing to remind AMC why they didn't rush to renew this show. (It makes me wonder why AMC didn't renew "Rubicon", a show that actually is good.) Look for another nonsensical case stretched out for too long (to maximize ratings). Season 3 is suppose to be 12 episodes, which means that it should only be 6 episodes. The first two seasons should have been merged into one season and it would have been much better.

I'll not be watching this steaming pile of crap and I'll urge you not to. This is the kind of thinking that Jerry Jones uses and it doesn't work for him either.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites