Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The Best Songs Of The Excellent E's: Best Songs of Musicians Whose Name Starts With E, Part 1

Hello,

I've never been much of a fan of current rap. I could live without Kanye West, Jay Z and the ilk. With no apologies to Eminem, here are the best songs by musicians whose name starts with E. As with the other alphabet blogs I've written before, some bands one song pops immediately. That's the case with Everclear. For other bands I listen to several of their songs and I can't break the tie between a few of their songs, like ELO. Lastly there are those bands that have that one song that's their defining song, but I don't want to pick THAT song. But for some of those bands, I can't help but pick THAT song. One of those bands that fit that criteria is Europe. I tried to pick "Superstitious" and "Carrie", but for me there's no denying what their best song is.

Of course that song would be "The Final Countdown", one of the cheesiest videos ever. Clearly a video made in the decade of cheese, the 80's. But who doesn't love cheese?


Echosmith's "Cool Kids":


Elefant's "Uh Oh Hello":


En Vogue's "Free Your Mind":


Enigma's "Sadeness Part 1":


Enigma's "Sadeness" Parts 1-3:


The English Beat's "Save It For Later":


Earth, Wind & Fire's "Boogie Wonderland":


Every Avenue's "Tell Me I'm A Wreck":


A fourplay of Erasure:

Music really was better back in the day. 1) "Chains of Love":



2) "Oh L'Amour":



3) "Take A Chance On Me":



4) "Love To Hate You":



Everlast's "White Trash Beautiful":



I believe the only reason that fate allowed Everclear to form was for this sublime pop nugget "Santa Monica": (I don't need any of their other songs. Now if someone can explain why fate allowed Nickleback to form- kidding, partially.) "Santa Monica":



Escape Club's "Wild Wild West":



The Eagles' threeplay:

1) "The Greeks Don't Want No Freaks":



2) "In The City":



3) "Heartache Tonight":



A fourplay by Electric Light Orchestra:

1) "The Last Train To London":



2) "Twilight":



"Twilight" (Live):



3) "Confusion":



4) "Hold On Tight":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites