Sunday, May 10, 2015

themusicaddict's Best of the Continually Awesome C's: Part 1: The Cars, The Cure, Neneh Cherry, Commodores + Others

Hello,

With apologies to Cage The Elephant, The Church, Alice Cooper (although I'll be seeing him in concert in few months), Clutch, Children of Bodom, Miley and Billy Ray Cyrus, Coheed and Cambria, Cypress Hill, Cringe, Roseanne Cash, Jimmy Cliff, George Clinton, Canned Heat and Corrosion of Conformity. Some of those people have good songs, but I'm just not feeling in this blog. Miley Cyrus had some good songs on a previous CD, but her latest vibe is pure skank. I'm not interested in giving her more space for that.

It looks like from what I've collected so far I'll eventually have 3 or 4 of the C blogs. Although I said I wouldn't, it looks like I'll be writing a third B's blog. Also I'll be writing a second A's blog and maybe a third blog.

My favorite Cracker song isn't "Low", but "Shake Some Action":


Belinda Carlisle, she'll be back when I work on the letter G for The Go-Go's. But my favorite song of her solo career is "Heaven Is A Place On Earth":


The Civil Wars' "Barton Hollow":


Christopher Cross' "Arthur's Theme (The Best You Can Do)":


One of the best beginnings of any song ever is in the first 55 seconds of this song: The Cure's "Just Like Heaven":


Patsy Cline's "Back In Baby's Arms":


I had to go with a different song for Michael Crawford other than "Phantom of the Opera" as I already mentioned that for letter B in his duet with Sarah Brightman. However I'm going to go with another "Phantom" song in "Music Of The Night": 


Cornershop's "Brimful of Asha":


Cursive's "The Sun and Moon":


The Cars' "Tonight She Comes":



Neneh Cherry's "Kisses On The Wind":


Cranberries' "Ridiculous Thoughts":


Commodores "Still":



Candlebox's "Far Behind":


John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band's "On The Dark Side":


Brandi Carlile's "The Story":


Obviously the Commodores, The Cars andChicago could have several songs as their best song. For those 3 bands I just picked one of their better songs. For Chicago I picked 3 of about 20 songs that could be their "best" song. "Feelin' Stronger Every Day":



"25 Or 6 To 4":



"Along Comes A Woman":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites