Wednesday, May 13, 2015

themusicaddict's Best of the Continually Awesome C's, Part 2: CCR, CSN, Cinderella, Johnny Cash and Others

Hello,

With apologies to Cage The Elephant, The Church, Alice Cooper (although I'll see him in concert in a few months), Clutch, Children of Bodom, Miley and Billy Ray Cyrus, Coheed and Cambria, Cypress Hill, Cringe, Roseanne Cash, Jimmy Cliff, George Clinton, Canned Heat and Corrosion of Conformity. Some of those people have good songs, but I'm just not feeling it in this blog. Miley Cyrus had some good songs on a previous CD, but her latest vibe is pure skank. I'm not interested in giving her more attention for that.

It looks like from the songs that I've collected so far I'll eventually have 3 or 4 C blogs. I call these my alphabet blogs. Although previously I said I wouldn't, it looks like I'll be writing a third B blog. Also I'll be writing a second A blog and maybe a third A blog.

Many of these artists could have several songs as their best song, for Kelly Clarkson, Cinderella, Phil Collins and Johnny Cash I decided not even to try and confine them to one song.

Again for the most part these songs are my favorite song by that particular musician. Sometimes I picked a song that I didn't think got enough love or perhaps just another great song other than their most famous song.

One of my favorite songs of all-time, Peter Cetera's "The Glory of Love":


Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Fortunate Son":


C+C Music Factory's "Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now):


Here's an example of what I was talking about above, Crowded House's most famous song is "Don't Dream It's Over". However "Something So Strong" is a perfectly great song as well:


"Rock The Casbah" is a great song. "Should I Stay Or Go" is a great song and a great question. "London Calling" is both a great song and CD. However The Clash were more than just those songs, they also were "This Is Radio Clash":


Crosby, Stills and Nash "Southern Cross":


Camper Van Beethoven's "Pictures of Matchstick Men":


Jane Child's "Don't Wanna Fall In Love":


Kelly Clarkson's "Because of You":


"Behind These Hazel Eyes":


"Breakaway":


Cheap Trick's "I Want You To Want Me":


Phil Collins' "Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now)":


And I know my go to Phil Collins song is that song, so I decided to include "In The Air Tonight":


Counting Crows' "Rain King":



Tracy Chapman's "Baby Can I Hold You":



Circa Zero's "Levitation":



I only decided tonight to add multiple songs for Cinderella. It was a rough day at work and I'm in desperate need of rock and roll therapy. Then I got home and there was some other shit going on, so my apologies.

Cinderella's "Somebody Save Me":



Cinderella's "Nobody's Fool":



"Gypsy Road":



Let's just go with a full concert, Cinderella live in Japan 1987:



Eric Church's "Springsteen":



Johnny Cash (with June Carter Cash) 1) "Jackson":



2) "A Boy Named Sue":



3) "The Man Comes Around":



4) "Folsom Prison Blues":



Mark Chesnutt's "I Just Wanted You To Know":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites