Tuesday, May 12, 2015

themusicaddict's Super Sad, But Still, Amazing Songs (Updated May 13th, 2015)

Hello,

I was going to write my continually awesome songs of C musicians 2, I call these my alphabet blogs. I left my notebook with all the list of all those songs at work. I've got it organized just like I want, so I'm postponing that blog for now. I've been thinking about posting a blog about some of the greatest sad songs of all-time. I even started started working on that list and Youtube suggested many other great songs. While working on this blog I'll be cheering on the Clippers to thump the lame Rockets again. I'll try to find some sad music to fit tonight's Rocket demise. Sadly the Rockets were able to delay the inevitable and now will be even more humiliated more on Thursday. Go Clippers!

These aren't the sad sort of heartbreak songs, these are very sad songs about some terrible things and people. Bad parents, people who made decisions and paying the emotional cost and songs that are just sad.

The death of the Rockets season isn't as sad as this song, actually the Rockets losing brings a lot of joy. Fake superstar Dwight Howard fails again. Terry Jacks' "Seasons In The Sun":


John Michael Montgomery's "The Little Girl":


Mary Chapin Carpenter's "This Shirt":


One of the saddest songs of all-time, it's a song that will be high on my personal top 100. I'll be counting down my personal Top 100 starting around Memorial Day weekend. Of course more than just one of these songs will be in my Top 100. Dolly Parton's "Me and Little Andy":


I knew that Youtube would make good recommendations for great songs for this blog, this is one of those. This is Harry Chapin's "Cats In The Cradle":


Don McLean's "American Pie":


Miranda Lambert's "The House That Made Me":



Miranda Lambert "Over You":


The Band Perry's "If I Die Young":


Martina McBride's "Concrete Angel":


Yes, I noticed this was mostly 70's songs and country music. I tried to think of songs from other genres that would be appropriate. Thus Blink-182's "Adam's Song":


Elton John's "Sad Songs (Say So Much)":


Elton John's tribute to Marilyn Monroe, "Candle In The Wind":


The sad but hopeful Michael Jackson song "Man In The Mirror":



USA for Africa "We Are The World":



This is a heartbreak song, but it's more than a heartbreak song. It's also a wistful look at the past. Green Day's "Whatsername":



Sufjan Stevens "Casimir Pulaski Day":



Gordon Lightfoot "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald":



One of the sadder days in American history, the death of four innocent students at Kent State. Buffalo Springfield's "For What It's Worth":



Barry McGuire's "Eve of Destruction":



Kermit The Frog's "The Rainbow Connection":


Sad, nostalgic and bittersweet all in one song, The Kinks' "Come Dancing":


Hopefully I'll be writing the second C alphabet blog tomorrow night.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites