Thursday, February 11, 2016

The Continuing Music Legends Series: Stevie Nicks, "Bella Donna" and "Rumors"

Hello,

Stephanie Lynn "Stevie" Nicks was born May 26th, 1948. which means she'll soon be celebrating her 68th birthday. Nicks is best known for her work with Fleetwood Mac, her relationship with Lindsey Buckingham and her solo work.

Nicks is the ethereal (extremely delicate and light in a way that seems too perfect for this world- thanks to Google) Earth goddess who likes to drape her mike stands in shawls and scarves. With her powerhouse vocals and demeanor the focus of attention is usually on her. Not only incredibly talented, but also incredibly beautiful she can't help but being the center of attention.

After three CDs with Fleetwood Mac, including the best CD about end of relationships ever 1977's "Rumours", Nicks released her first solo CD in 1981. "Bella Donna" had such great guests as Tom Petty and Don Henley to venture out on her own. After "Bella Donna" she has recorded seven more solo CDs and four more CDs with Fleetwood Mac. She's also done a lot of solo touring and multiple reunion tours with Fleetwood Mac.

1) "Bella Donna":
2) "Kind Of Woman"
3) "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" (featuring Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers):
4) "Think About It"
5) "After The Glitter Fades"
6) "Edge of Seventeen"
7) "How Still My Love":
8) "Leather and Lace" (featuring Don Henley):
9) "Outside The Rain"
10) "The Highwayman":

"Rumors":

1) "Second Hand News" (Lindsey Buckingham):

"I know there's nothing to say
Someone has taken my place
When times go bad
When times go rough"



2) "Dreams" (Stevie Nicks, she sounds so good in the below video, she has such a beautiful voice.):

Now here you go again
You say you want your freedom
Well who am I to keep you down
It's only right that you should
Play the way you feel it
But listen carefully to the sound
Of your loneliness



3) "Never Going Back Again" (Lindsey Buckingham):

She broke down and let me in
Made me see where I've been

Been down one time
Been down two times
I'm never going back again



4) "Don't Stop" (Christine McVie):

All I want is to see you smile,
If it takes just a little while,
I know you don't believe that it's true,
I never meant any harm to you.



5) "Go Your Own Way" (Lindsey Buckingham):

Loving you
Isn't the right thing to do
How can I ever change things
That I feel

If I could
Maybe I'd give you my world
How can I
When you won't take it from me



6) "Songbird" (Christine McVie):

To you, I'll give the world
to you, I'll never be cold
'Cause I feel that when I'm with you,
It's alright, I know it's right.



7) "The Chain" (Buckingham, C McVie, Nicks, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie):

And if
You don't love me now
You will never love me again
I can still hear you saying
You would never break the chain.





8) "You Make Loving Fun" (Christine McVie):

I never did believe in miracles,
But I've a feeling it's time to try.
I never did believe in the ways of magic,
But I'm beginning to wonder why.



9) "I Don't Want To Know" (Stevie Nicks):

I don't want to know the reasons why
Love keeps right on walking down the line
I don't want to stand between you and love
Honey, take a little time.

10) "Oh Daddy" (Christine McVie):

Why are you right when I'm so wrong,
I'm so weak but you're so strong,
Everything you do is just alright,
And I can't walk away from you, baby
If I tried.

11) "Gold Dust Woman" (Stevie Nicks):

Did she make you cry
Make you break down
Shatter your illusions of love
Is it over now -- do you know how
Pick up the pieces and go home.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites