Monday, February 1, 2016

The Best of The Rest of Billy Idol (Finished February 2nd, 2016)

Hello,

Billy Idol is doing a 12 night residency in Las Vegas this spring, it looks like I'll be going. Thanks to those of you going with me.We'll be seeing him at the House of Blues on March 26th, 2016. It's general admission only, don't know if this old man can do that. Of course Billy won't put up with my whining as he's 60. What is happening to the stars of my youth?

We all know Billy Idol's famous songs "Mony Mony", "White Wedding", "Cradle of Love", "Dancing With Myself", "Rebel Yell", "Hot In The City", "Rebel Yell", "Eyes Without A Face", "Flesh For Fantasy", "L.A. Woman", "To Be A Lover" and "Sweet Sixteen".

But Billy Idol has so many other great songs. If you think this list is heavy with songs from "Devil's Playground" it is. Dare I say, although it made very little impact in pop culture, it just may be his best CD overall.

These first eight songs are from "Devil's Playground":
"Super Overdrive":


"World Comin' Down":


"Rat Race":


"Sherri":


"Scream":


"Romeo's Waiting":


"Body Snatcher":


"Summer Running":


These other songs are from various other Idol CDs.

While this is a classic song, I don't know that it's a famous song. But I do know "Blue Highway" is a great song:


"Endless Sleep":



"Pumping On Steel":



"Trouble With The Sweet Stuff":



"Don't Need A Gun":



"Catch My Fall":



"(Do Not) Stand In The Shadows":



"Shock To The System":



"Dead On Arrival":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites