Monday, February 15, 2016

The Continuing Music Legends Series: Blondie, Debbie Harry and "Parallel Lines" (2001 Edition)

Hello,

I only so much time each day, so I get as much done as I can in my limited time. I hope to finish most of these partial blogs someday.

"Parallel Lines" is a CD released in 1978, produced by Mike Chapman. This was the first CD Chapman produced for Blondie. Chapman also produced The Knack's amazing debut CD "Get The Knack" and three more CDs with Blondie. At the time of this CD, their band lineup was Deborah Harry (vocals & inspiration for the band's name), Chris Stein (guitar), Clem Burke (drums) Jimmy Destri (keyboards), Nigel Harrison (bass guitar) and Frank Infante (guitar). It was recorded in June-July 1978 and released in September, 1978. The recording and releasing of new music was much more streamlined back in the day.

Deborah Ann "Debbie" Harry was born July 1st, 1945. The lovely and still radiant Miss Harry will be 70 years old. I expect she and Blondie still have a few more tricks up their sleeves. (Thanks to YouTube, Wikipedia and Google Play for sources for this blog.)

The full "Parallel Lines" CD:


1) "Hanging On The Telephone":



2) "One Way Or Another":



3) "Picture This":



4) "Fade Away and Radiate":



5) "Pretty Baby":



6) "I Know But I Don't Know":
7) "11:59":
8) "Will Anything Happen":
9) "Sunday Girl":
10) "Heart of Glass":
11) "I'm Gonna Love You Too":
12) "Just Go Away":
13) "Once I Had A Love (The Disco Song)":
14) "Bang A Gong (Get It On)" (Live):
15) "I Know But I Don't Know" (Live):
16) "Hanging On The Telephone" (Live):

Upcoming blogs: themusicaddict's Top 100 80's bands of all-time.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites