Tuesday, February 23, 2016

(Started February 23rd, 2016, Finished April 4th, 2021) Part 1 of themusicaddict's Ideal Road Trip Playlist, Songs 1-19

Hello,

I was thinking a lot about a road trip I'll be taking soon to see Billy Idol in Vegas. I wanted to share a road trip playlist. I was asked to write this by a rep of car rental company Turo (https://turo.com/) - check them out if you're hitting the road soon!

Obviously this is a commercial venture for this company, Turo, that I hadn't heard of until I received this e-mail. Wow, it already worked! But I liked the idea so I spent all day thinking up with the list. If you come up with a fun idea you'd like me to work on, let me know.

And while I'm dishing out opinions: whatever you do don't vote for Donald Trump.

My idea for a road trip playlist is the weather has to be fairly warm, warm enough that you can open up the windows and blast the music. The music is usually happy and optimistic, but not all the time. The music has to be songs that you can sing along with or at least fake well enough to act like you know the words.

But it can't be all the same music you always listen to, you need a good solid mix to keep the talk flowing and time passing by. Let's be honest road trips become better when they are finished. Here's some great CDs, more obscure CDs, great artists and a selection of perfect songs for a road trip playlist.

Great artists: The B-52's, The Go-Go's, Van Halen, Loverboy, Def Leppard, New Politics, Erasure, American Authors, Madonna, Fitz and the Tantrums. The Cars, The Beach Boys, Black Box and Fountains of Wayne.

CDs: Led Zeppelin's "4" (of course it goes with anything), Guns N' Roses' "Appetite For Destruction"
several Madonna CDs (the older the better), almost any Beach Boys CD, Nine Inch Nails' "Pretty Hate Machine", The Cars "Greatest Hits", Pearl Jam's "Vs.", Fountains of Wayne "Welcome Interstate Managers", Billy Idol's "Greatest Hits", every Paramore CD, almost any 80's compilation, Prince's "Purple Rain".

Obscure CDs include music by Eisley, Misterwives, Delta Rae and New Politics

1) Fine Young Cannibals "Good Thing":


2) Tom Cochrane's "Life Is A Highway":


3) Bryan Adams "Cuts Like A Knife":


4) Paul Simon "You Can Call Me Al":


5) Modern English's "I Melt With You":


6) Paula Abdul's "Straight Up":


7) The Pointer Sisters' "I'm So Excited":


8) Sir Mix A Lot's "Baby Got Back":


9) En Vogue's "Free Your Mind":


10) Whitesnake's "Here I Go Again":


Is it really a road trip without ZZ Top? 11) ZZ Top's "La Grange":


12) ZZ Top's "Stages":


13) ZZ Top's "Heard It On The X":


14) Loverboy "Working For The Weekend":


15) Walk The Moon's "Anna Sun":


16) Van Halen's "Cabo Wabo":


17) Nu Shooz's "I Can't Wait":


18) Bruce Springsteen's "Born In The USA":


19) Cyndi Lauper's "I Drove All Night":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites