Wednesday, February 10, 2016

The Continuing Music Legends Series, Boz Scaggs and "Silk Degrees"

Hello,

With so many amazing musicians dying recently, I thought we should highlight some of the music legends before they move on from this world. To highlight each musician I'm going to center the blog about my favorite CD of theirs. Yesterday it was Don Henley and "The End of The Innocence", today it's Boz Scaggs and "Silk Degrees", even I don't know who the next blog will be.

Boz Scaggs was born June 8th, 1944. Scaggs is a singer, songwriter and musician. Scaggs is best known for his songs "Breakdown Dead Ahead", "Low Down", "Lido Shuffle", "Jojo", "We're All Alone" and "Look What You've Done To Me". "Silk Degrees" and "Middle Man" are probably his two best known CDs. "Silk Degrees" peaked at #2 on Billboard's Top 200 CDs.  I spent several minutes looking for what CD it wasn't able to topple. If you know, please let me know. Although he's 71, Scaggs continues to perform. He recently toured with Donald Fagen and Michael McDonald as part of The Dukes of September. (Thanks to Wikipedia for this information.)

"Silk Degrees" (2007 Bonus Version)

1)  "What Can I Say":
2) "Georgia":



3) "Jump Street":
4) "What Do You Want The Girl To Do":



5) "Harbor Lights":
6) "Lowdown":
7) "It's Over":
8) "Love Me Tomorrow":


9) "Lido Shuffle":
10) "We're All Alone":


11) "What Can I Say" (Live):


12) "Jump Street" (Live):


13) "It's Over" (Live):


"The Essential Boz Scaggs" (Full):



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites