Saturday, February 13, 2016

The Continuing Music Legends Series: Chrissie Hynde, The Pretenders and "Learning To Crawl" (2007 Expanded Edition)

Hello,

Thanks to Google Play for the several Pretenders CDs I listened to last night. Thanks to Wikipedia for much of the information in this blog. And thanks to all who've influenced me to have such great taste in music. *smirking*

"Learning To Crawl" is The Pretenders third CD. It was released in 1984 and it follows 1980's "Pretenders" and 1981's "Pretenders 2". The band's lineup at the time was Chrissie Hynde (vocals, rhythm guitar, harmonica and main song writer), Robbie McIntosh (guitar, backing vocals), Malcolm Foster (bass guitar, backing vocals) and Martin Chambers (drums, vocals and percussion). The lineup likely would have been different if it wasn't for drug overdoses.

The Pretenders are one of the 80's most unheralded bands, but they've had a long distinguished career. Besides the songs on this CD, other songs they're known for include the bone crunching "Brass In Pocket", "Don't Get Me Wrong" and "I'll Stand By You".

Chrissie Hynde was born September 7th, 1951, which makes her a relatively youngish rock icon. She released her first solo CD "Stockholm" in 2014. Good songs on that CD include "You Or No One", "Dark Sunglasses", "Down The Wrong Way" and "In A Miracle".

"Learning To Crawl":
1) "Middle of the Road":
2) "Back on the Chain Gang":
3) "Time The Avenger":
4)"Watching The Clothes":
5) "Show Me":
6) "Thumbelina":
7) "My City Was Gone":
8) "Thin Line Between Love and Hate":
9) "I Hurt You":
10) "2000 Miles":

Bonus Tracks (2007 Re-release)

11) "Fast or Slow (The Law's The Law)":
12) "Tequila":
13) "I Hurt You" (Denmark Street Demo)":
14) "When I Change My Life (Denmark Street Demo)":
15) "Ramblin Rob" (Denmark Street Demo)":
16) "My City Was Gone" (Live)
17) "Money (That's What I Want)" (Live at US Festival)":
(Thanks to Wikipedia)

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites